Death Becomes Her - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Becomes Her Reviews

½ April 26, 2016
The intriguing premise wraps itself up far too early resulting in a lot of meandering filler for the final act, but the movie's hysterical with three committed and off the wall performances.
½ April 16, 2016
Death Becomes Her is a dark tale about vanity written by David Koepp , with unforgettable visual effects and one of Bruce Willis and Meryl Streep best performances
½ April 11, 2016
I remember this film being good when i watched it as a kid, but watched it the other day and thought it was shit. Proper let down.
½ March 22, 2016
Deadly obsession for beauty with a twist! its worth revenge, it's worth the money, marriage, risks. We believe beauty is atainable, able to live forever, it's not out of our reach, and it's secrets are hidden, but out there. The money making world of beauty and beauty products. Beauty is powerful, ancients hold the secrets, has some magic and mystic that can change you. The obsession to own these powers of beauty is worth murder. How much time, energy we use to focus on ourself, for others to regard us in a idolized way. We strive to be great, like past greats, incapsulated, frozen in time in their peak of greatness. When anything else without our peak moments is deathly. We have many people that put us altogether and completely need them to make us look great in time of life and in deathl
February 4, 2016
Do you remember where you parked the car?
½ January 26, 2016
Meryl Streep is overblown, Goldie Hawn is underused, and the biting satire about a youth-obsessed culture can only be found beneath layers of cheesy special effects.
½ January 2, 2016
The issue of longevity is worth exploration, but not in a farce like this and especially with Meryl Streep's talents wasted.
December 19, 2015
Quite an amusing film with some very prestigious stars. The comedy and the effects are it's main selling point it just lacks a bit extra that isn't obvious from the film cover.
½ November 25, 2015
Perhaps unpredictable, and with great visuals, but this unfunny bad-acted movie doesn't satisfy or entertain, and for those who love Meryl Streep please don't watch, or will be disappointed with her silly figure.
½ November 25, 2015
½ November 13, 2015
One of my favorite childhood movies!!!! I love the whole fantasy aspect of the film!!!!!
October 7, 2015
A fun, light fantasy comedy with great performances from Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn. Great score, screenplay, make up, visual effects, and art direction
½ October 4, 2015
A satisfyingly funny black comedy. Death becomes her is an original filled with great special effects.
½ October 4, 2015
There is not a more perfect casting than this nor ever there will be. Each actor/ress was at their prime form and peak abilities. The theme is still relevant more than twenty years after its first screening, Yes, call us superficial animals. All of us desire eternal beauty. A hilarious movie with a thought provoking message.
August 17, 2015
Had a couple nice immortality jokes but the story was too dark and boring. The best thing was the pop culture references. I mean that 3 second James Dean scene though.
August 4, 2015
A thoroughly ridiculous and absolutely hilarious satire of Hollwood's vapid tendencies and the misogynostic stereotypes that women have had to endure in countless "women's pictures" over the years, Death Becomes Her remains a staple in the gay community for good reason; you'd be hard pressed to find a campier film that doesn't completely collapse in on itself.

Note: It also contains one of Meryl Streep's best performances, which is obviously a weighty claim given her career. The woman can really do it all.
½ August 1, 2015
underrated, very dark and sharp edged comedy. It has improved with age.
½ July 26, 2015
The movie's absurd and over-the-top humor is what makes it work, not to mention a few truly memorable scenes and moments, even if the climax feels a bit lacking and separate from the rest of the movie for whatever reason.

7+/10
July 19, 2015
Dark, dark, dark comedy, enhanced by FX and the manic performances by the two unlikely leads (whoda thunk of Streep and Hawn as a comic duo??? But the girls work work work it!) that asks the age old question: "so you really want to live forever?" Think bitchy on steroids. Its a fun piece, a commentary on the obsession on youth and beauty, with a eerily grand performance by Isabella Rossellini at the center.