Death by China - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death by China Reviews

September 21, 2014
Read the label, and protect American jobs!
½ September 17, 2014
So...this "documentary" happened.
July 26, 2014
we have a duty to watch movies like this
July 13, 2014
Er, can you say "Propaganda?" I knew you could. The facts are rather selective. Take for example the shipping of the machines from a plant in the US to China. Why are we told about a small number of products made by prison labor (can you say "license plates?") and not shown the professional operation of the transferred machinery? Or what about Jerry Lewis' 1960s movie where he complains about the Japanese making everything? Or the 80's when it was Mexico making everything? Developing countries do manufacturing, it just so happens China is B-I-G. Anyway, watch if you want, but you won't get the whole story here. Be prepared to be let down wondering what was left out and having to search it out on your own.
May 4, 2014
Some interesting stuff in here but not a ton you don't know if you follow the news. Sometimes the dated graphics feel a little cheep. heres to hoping the director doesn't get to say "i told you so" in a few years.
March 5, 2014
Im a bit disgusted in the poor reviews to this documentary. It may not be the best directed and it is a bit slow and boring at times. However there are some very important facts that all Americans should know and understand. Its full of facts though it does have some preductions based on expert opinions that may or may not be completely accurate. However it is factual enough that anyone who watches this should feel the need to be a part of the solution. Which starts by giving this a 5 star rating and sharing it with whom ever will watch. Remember United we stand and Devided we fall is what made us great and powerful. If we dont unite and fix the issues pointed out in this documentary. We can surly risk falling
February 21, 2014
This changes everything.
½ February 6, 2014
A political and economic film, shows how China gained a huge access to the Western market and have exploited and cheated it to the fullest. America's laziness and gluttony have ruined it and allowed China to get more powerful at human rights and environmental costs. It's just a big mess and the answer is... don't buy a bunch of crap you don't need. :)
½ January 6, 2014
Thought provoking, eye opening. Perhaps a little heavy handed against the China government, but definitely makes you think about some of the poor decisions made by our government.
December 10, 2013
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
December 10, 2013
Interesting look at how China has dismantled the USA factories practically derailing their domestic foreign exports while increasing China's exports.
½ December 8, 2013
As with most documentaries, take it with a grain of salt. It has some valid, and interesting points about China and the decline of manufacturing in the US...but it's very propaganda-y.
November 29, 2013
This is a good overview of the issues related to US China trade and the long term consequences to the US. Very well worth your time to watch this film.
½ November 28, 2013
A very scary documentary I highly recommend to anyone concerned with America's survival as a vibrant productive nation.
November 20, 2013
Wow! A wake up call for Americans who participate in Black Friday and enjoy their savings at Wal-Mart.
November 15, 2013
Scary to think that China is starting to be 1 super power of the world if we keep buying from them. :(
November 15, 2013
November 13, 2013
So-called "critics" seem to be wrapped up in ad hominem and have the same pre-programmed response that lacks any merit. Just b/c you have a gig at the NY Post or NYT doesn't mean you get bonus points. One-sided? HOW?!

My take: It was an eye-opening piece that focuses NOT on one side or the other (politically), but rather the collective limp-dicked approach by the Congress and White House to trade agreements. More importantly, our inability to understand what regulation and taxation does to businesses, and subsequently, jobs in America.

Bottom line: Are you, or someone you know, struggling to find a job? Watch this. And demand our government do something other than allow GM to have ALL their Cadillacs made in China after we the taxpayer bailed them out.
November 11, 2013
Everyone in America needs to see this movie. If you do your shopping at Target, Walmart or any of the big box stores in America you are contributing to America's downfall.
November 5, 2013
What forgives US corporate interests and those who in this country benefit by unfair trade practices in the face of negative affects the US as a whole? When you say they put dangerous products into our market, who is to blame to let those items in? I am a Chinese-American citizen who understands this threat to our country, but let's be clear, if the populace chooses to buy the cheapest product and our government allows deficient products and an unfair currency arrangement/trade policy[ that's a different topic], I think our own system has its share to blame. I think that it's true that the Chinese government and their economic system [hand in hand] has much blood on its hands, but the consumer and US corporate benefactor cannot be left without blame.