Death by Dialogue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death by Dialogue Reviews

½ November 8, 2014
I had the choice to not watch the whole thing but I did.
September 20, 2010
I haven't seen it but that's my face on the cover
½ September 6, 2010
Ineptitude is the name of the game in "Death by Dialogue," a trite, grating '80s horror movie that packs all the worst excesses of the genre and the era in which it was made without any unintentional comedic relief to soothe the pain.

Based on what's onscreen, anyone who still opines "Plan 9 from Outer Space" is the worst movie ever made ought to have a look at this little piece of shit. If they truly believe "Plan 9" is the worst ever made, though, sitting through this or a Coleman Francis film would probably drive them to suicide.

"Dialogue" encapsulates the shenanigans that ensue when a possessed screenplay begins unleashing its wrath on a pack of stereotypical, idiotic teenagers and the protagonist's handicapped uncle and icy caretaker. This simple enough premise is mangled in just about every way imaginable thanks to inept direction, writing, production, acting, and every other element in front of or behind the camera.
May 27, 2010
If nothng else, I appreciate the filmmakers' sense of irony on this one: they decide to make a horror film about a demonically possessed movie script, and then write a screenplay for it that's so godawful that a demonically possessed one doesn't seem so bad! Despite its hilarious title, "Death by Dialogue" is yet another one of those horror films containing long, boring stretches where absolutely nothing happens; nothing really makes sense at all and while the movie does deliver a few entertaining moments of over-the-top weirdness that make you wonder what the filmmakers were smoking, getting to them will stretch your patience very thin. Highlights include one of the characters being killed off by an eighties hair metal band (?!) that just randomly appear out of nowhere and decapitate his head with a guitar, and the climactic sequence where the idiotic protagonists decide to defeat the demonic script by rewriting a happy ending for it and somehow manage to screw THAT up!
August 14, 2008
pretty terrible, but just full of "WHAT THE FUCK?!" moments which redeems it a little.
July 30, 2008
Super lame. Worst sound ever and a story written by a 7-year old kid.
The music was cool though.

I give it one star more than it's actually worth on the note that there was some cool killings and a strange gig by some 80's band in the middle.
½ May 24, 2008
People start dying because of a script?! This is seriously one of the worst movies ever made, but it's unbelievably entertaining! You know you've come upon something truly spectacularly horrible when the hardass in the movie dies by a hair metal band in the woods.
½ March 23, 2008
Really stupid and lame horror flick, ultra cheap production, atrocious acting and a horrible script.
January 17, 2008
This is the fucking worst film ever made. 5 stars from me cause I am fucked in the head.
July 21, 2007
No budget supernatural mayhem with Ken Sagoes. Delightful cheesy.