Death Note (Desu nôto) Reviews

• Jun 18, 2020

Nice movie, probably the best that they could have done in live action.

Nice movie, probably the best that they could have done in live action.

• Jun 07, 2020

Death note 2006 is a live action japanese movie based on the manga and anime of the same name. It tells the story of college student light Yagami who finds a death note and uses it to try and become the god of the new world, and his first confrontation with L. This movie is decent. It doesn't copy the original straight up and has a couple of twists, some of them are Naomi bearing witness to his fiancee's death, and L taunting Light more than usual, this movie is 2 hours long and has a continuation with a different ending than the anime so that's very interesting. The movie goes for some ballsy decisions and some of them pay off. I personally prefer Naomi having a bigger role in this than in the anime, where she got tricked by Light, nevertheless the live action death note movies separate themselves from the nime, and part one of it makes no difference. PROS: -Still has the same elements and charms that the original death note has -Good soundtrack at the ending credits -CGI Ryuk actually doesn't look that bad -L seems to be more cunning in this version -Makes some new decisions and outcomes that set it apart from the anime CONS: -Facing is a little bit fast for me -L and Light don't get that same battle of wits in this movie, since the Naomi plot kinda sidelines, that maybe more of that in part 2 hopefully -Found the acting shaky in some parts -Doesn't fully explain certain characters plans which hinders their effects to the viewers unlike in the anime, an example of this is Light in the end of the movie. Overall Death Note 1 is a decent enough live action film that makes new decisions and outcomes to separate itself from the anime, while also staying true to the characters, the story and their actions, if you're a fan of Death note then give death note 1 and its sequals a chance, it's certainly better than the netflix film. I give this film a 7/10 for my personal enjoyment, since personally at the start I was very curious on how they will execute the plot and the characters in a live action film, and so far its decent enough. Imma watch the sequals, since I need to see, plus the second movie has all the exciting stuff.

• Apr 03, 2020

i like L he look like L manga

i like L he look like L manga

• Dec 13, 2019

seriously, what is the point of seeing this movie if you have already seen the manga, the movie does more than just copy and paste and really the netflix movie i find it better than this thing.

• Dec 07, 2019

Watched this before anime and it was cool. After anime - I think film is equal or a little better than anime.

• Sep 02, 2019

One of only 3 good live action anime adaptations that exist, of those 3, this is easily the best one. if you watched the anime, you will still have surprises. Even without being an anime adaptation, it is still a good movie on it's own.

• Mar 08, 2019

This movie is freakin' awesome!!!

This movie is freakin' awesome!!!

• Feb 20, 2019

Pretty awesome little adaptation. It gets pretty twisted. The rivalry between the two leads gets really interesting. Sure, the Animation of the Demon is pretty spotty, but not enough to distract, at least not when everything else around him is soo interesting.

• Sep 02, 2017

A fun live action adaptation of the manga/anime series.

A fun live action adaptation of the manga/anime series.

• Aug 31, 2017