Death Note: The Last Name (Desu nto 2) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Note: The Last Name (Desu nto 2) Reviews

½ November 6, 2018
Better than the Netflix one
June 15, 2018
Pretty good second installment. The last name made me sad, my favorite character.
½ September 10, 2017
Strong movie, anime also good. Re-watch regularly enough.
September 3, 2017
uma das melhores adaptaes que j assiste !!!
June 11, 2017
A really good movie this one of the only good life action anime movies
½ September 17, 2016
What should have been the great sequel to the live-action adaptation of my favorite anime of all time is really the same movie as its predecessor.
March 12, 2016
Good anime movie better than FF7AC .
June 29, 2015
Another great adaptation of the manga and anime. It's greatest difference from its source material is that it ended the way the manga and anime should have. No Near and Mellow! Fantastic film!
April 24, 2015
An excellent follow up to a very a good movie. Does the anime Justice.
½ November 10, 2014
I was able to view the English dubbing online, so I caught this sequel. I haven't had a chance to rewatch the first Death Note live action movie recently, but I'm glad the beginning of this film caught me up to speed. I was impressed that the voice acting is on par even with the original anime series voices. The mysterious and suspenseful plot make for an excellent theme combination. I am glad they made this movie bunch simpler than the anime series as well.
½ August 18, 2014
Having seen the Anime beforehand, I struggle to see this film as a standalone feature. HAVING seen the Anime though, I know that it's still way better than this live-action counterpart.
½ August 11, 2014
The sequel, it keeps up where the first movie finished, the ending was unexpected i saw the anime and was surprised but the ending, not bad
June 25, 2014
This is one of those exceptions where the sequel Is even better than the first. Slight variation in the ending to the Manga series. however, I preferred this version.
June 23, 2014
I enjoyed this much more than the first one. The characters came alive for me and seeing other gods of death took the silliness of the first one away. The matching of intellectual wits between Light and L was engrossing, with the twists and turns coming swiftly. This is what I was expecting from the original. Good stuff.
March 14, 2014
Combo twist with great plot. The sequel movie which can exceed the predecessor. My top 100 film all time. But if you haven`t watch the first movie, you shoud watch it first.
March 6, 2014
picks up right where Death Note left off and every bit as good.
February 13, 2014
Weird and a bit confusing.
February 9, 2014
Very good adaption, different form the anime, though I prefer that one much better, it was much more dramatic.
September 1, 2013
The sequel is getting more emotional--I praise how the Japanese investigators showed their emotion, like sympathy to their detainee, unlike typical FBI or CIA. Other scenes to which I could refer are when Light asked Ryuk to call the entire police staff and Mr. Yagami bade L the final farewell--anyway, I think that L's performance had been improving here. With regard to the story itself, L's instinct started to be strange; not viable.

As many fragments forgotten, such as Misa's motive to help Kira and Jealous backing up her life, I really like how the movie visualization brought them back.

Last but not least, without prejudice to the quality, the scene production seems getting more complicated than the prequel, e.g. falling motorcycle and painful death of Kiyomi Takada. Viewers may also notice the production team excellence in coordinating massive people.