Da uomo a uomo (Death Rides A Horse) (As Man to Man) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Da uomo a uomo (Death Rides A Horse) (As Man to Man) Reviews

½ May 14, 2017
Great gunfighter western.
Check it out.
Try to find HQ version.
½ February 10, 2017
Solid revenge spaghetti. And fuck Tarantino for taking the music.
½ July 15, 2016
This was excellent. My son's 13th birthday, and I treated myself afterwards to a really fun and engaging Spaghetti Western.
½ July 15, 2016
May 31, 2016
Bad transfer from the master print, but decent spaghetti western. Lee Van Cleef plays a gunslinger imprisoned for 15 years looking to settle a score with his old gang, while a young man is also after the same gang after the murder of his family. They cross paths and help each other out, and defeat the badguys. Its a standard western, but entertaining.
September 27, 2015
A great film, with Van Cleef at his best and a solid direction.
May 15, 2015
This is movie hits all the notes of the spaghetti western. It doesn't have the depth of others, but it has the handsome drifter with a quick draw, a plot basef on long awaited vengeance, and an Ennio Morricone score. It's pretty fun to watch.
½ February 7, 2015
A lesser-known gem that is another classic Spaghetti Western about revenge with plenty of shooting and a soundtrack that's almost perfect. It even stood as an example to Tarantino's Kill Bill movies.
August 30, 2014
ok spaghetti western
June 2, 2014
The first nine minutes are excellent and haunting, there are a couple nice pieces by Ennio Morricone and Lee Van Cleef is a good actor. For these things, it earns it's 2 stars. But can it truly earn the other 3 when everything else bored me literally to sleep? I don't know man.
½ April 2, 2014
Remember 15 years ago at the Meceita ranch? Another time when you took it out on a woman? Unfortunately for you, that woman happened to be my mother.
½ March 31, 2014
Brilliantly shot and with a stunning Morricone soundtrack, this film is from 1967 not as shown above. An atmospheric spaghetti western even if the story itself is pretty forgettable.
March 7, 2014
A decent spaghetti western. As over the top and as full of bad lines as hoist would expect. Not on the same par as Easrwoods. It is a decent revenge flick. An I think one of the best titles of any western.
February 10, 2014
Very underrated western
½ September 17, 2013
Finally got around to watching this one when I caught it on cable - nice revenge story starring John Philip Law as an orphaned boy who grows up to go after the men who slaughtered his family, aided by Lee Van Cleef who has an axe to grind after the same men left him to rot in prison. It's a fairly by the numbers revenge tale, but that doesn't make it any less fun.

Worth a rental.
July 3, 2013
One of the finest spaghetti westerns ever made. An unbelievable score from Ennio Morricone and a double serving of revenge.
½ July 3, 2013
Very much an influence for Kill Bill, this revenge western is gritty and thoughtful with a great final scene.
June 14, 2013
Passable spaghetti western. John Phillip Law (yep, Sinbad and Diabolik himself) seeks revenge on those who killed him family as a child. He teams up with Lee Van Cleef to hunt the men down, not knowing that Van Cleef is one of the men he's hunting. In the plus column, the film has Lee Van Cleef and an Ennio Morricone score. In the minus column, it's overlong, slow moving, and an awfully predictable revenge story. It's worth watching for fans of the genre, but it's a far cry from being in the same league as a Leone or Corbucci western.
April 18, 2013
At some point, I realized Netflix (or was it Amazon?) was recommending movies to me because they were connected to Quentin Tarantino. The spaghetti western in question here was mentioned in Quentin's KILL BILL. As a matter of fact, part of the score was also stolen, and bits of the revenge story ripped off. At least Tarantino was up front about what he was doing. I guess.
In DEATH RIDES A HORSE, (the more popular title for this flick,) Director Giulio Petroni (who never directed much else,) casts perennial fan favorite Lee Van Cleef in one of his first starring roles. If you don't already know... There's never been anyone in a western more believable than Van Cleef. John Phillip Law is also surprisingly good, as our other bloodthirsty revenge-seeker.
I dare you to watch this one and not become invested in seeing the bad guys get what is owed them, and the friendship/rivalry between the men pursuing them.
A simple story, but well-paced and plotted. At least one scene you won't soon forget. And a hell of an ending.
½ March 12, 2013
A lesser-known gem that is another classic Spegetti Western about revenge with plenty of shooting and a soundtrack that's almost perfect. It even stood as an example to Tarantino's Kill Bill movies.