Da uomo a uomo (Death Rides A Horse) (As Man to Man) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Da uomo a uomo (Death Rides A Horse) (As Man to Man) Reviews

½ January 21, 2013
Its nothing special but if you like Spaghetti Westerns you can enjoy this one.
½ January 21, 2013
Van Cleef is classic, and the direction is pretty good, but it just drags on for too long. Some great revenge and siege scenes marred by bad/no effects. Sweet finale despite the short comings. Spaghetti Western fans will appreciate it.
½ January 5, 2013
Great story marred by dated dialogue and production value.
½ December 28, 2012
It seemed anticlimactic but still a good spaghetti western
December 21, 2012
If you can tolerate John Phillip Law's awful John Wayne accent, it's a pretty decent spaghetti western.
½ November 19, 2012
There are only a few Spaghetti Westerns beyond Sergio Leone's films that are worth viewing and Death Rides A Horse, the definite revenge tale of the Italian West, is clearly one of them! With Lee Van Cleef in the lead and an Ennio Morricone soundtrack, there are only a few elements missing that prevent this movie from being a perfect Spaghetti.. The only thing I can complain about is the camerawork that sometimes gets complicated without reason....

PS: It's just highly enjoyable to watch and see what a great amount of stuff inspired Tarantino and can be found in Kill Bill!
November 3, 2012
classic revenge western
½ October 26, 2012
Death Rides A Horse is a perfect example of a spaghetti western: the cool camera-work, the slick style, the engrossing score, the fascinating characters, and the mysterious story are all brilliantly executed. It may be a bit predictable and not quite up to the level of Leone's work but it feels nearly as amazing.
½ June 14, 2012
There is not much special about this movie, originallity is hard to find and it has a typical western story but still, it has that attractivness that all spaghetti westerns have and I enjoyed every minute of this film!
June 4, 2012
no info = not interested
May 16, 2012
Badass spaghetti flick, really underrated!
½ May 13, 2012
An underrated, under-hyped spaghetti western featuring Lee Van Cleef in an unusually empathic role. Nice direction and scoring compensates for some shaky camera work.
April 7, 2012
westerns usually arent my COT
½ February 19, 2012
You've got too much hate in you.

Bill Meceita as a kid saw his father killed and mother and sisters brutally raped and murdered. He spent his entire life training to be a gun marksman and preparing to avenge his family's death. When a ruthless outlaw is released from jail Bill seeks the gunslinger's aid to track down those responsible for the death of his family. Can they find the men and bring them down?

"How many glasses do you have in that house?"
"A couple."
"Can we dirty them?"

Giulio Petroni, director of Night of the Serpent, Tepepa, Always on Sunday, and Obscene Desire, delivers Death Rides a Horse. The storyline for this picture is fairly standard for the western genre and reminded me of True Grit and Dajango. The action scenes were excellent and the cast delivers wonderful performances. The cast includes Lee Van Cleef, John Phillip Law, Mario Brega, Luigi Pistilli, and Anthony Dawson.

"Killers and thieves don't have any rights."

I came across this picture while flicking through the channels yesterday and decided to DVR it since it starred one of my western genre favorites, Lee Van Cleef. Watching this it felt similar to numerous other westerns, which is why I scored it a 7, but it was fun to see Van Cleef in the role of bringing up another young gunslinger (similar to his Leone pictures). This is not as good as the Leone spaghetti westerns, but it is still entertaining if you're a fan of the genre.

"You have a stupid face but you get it."

Grade: B-
½ February 16, 2012
I always enjoy films scored by Ennio Morricone
½ February 4, 2012
While the direction is at times a mess, Lee Van Cleef's badass performance makes up for it in this exciting western. And can I just say that virtually everything RottenTomatoes has to say about this movie is wrong.
½ January 22, 2012
It's great to see Lee Van (the bad) on horse.
December 24, 2011
Routine Spaghetti Western.

Roger Ebert's 1969 review includes this canny observation: "Van Cleef's face, in closeup, has the lean, hardened, embittered expression of a man who has either (a) been pursuing his lonely vengeance across the plains of the West for 30 years, or (b) realizes he will be making spaghetti Westerns the rest of his life."
½ December 15, 2011
While not the greatest Spaghetti Western, Death Rides a Horse comes across as a fairly solid movie. Some of the scenes have some real tension, mostly due to the excellent performances by Lee Van Cleef and John Phillip Law. However, some of the scenes with the baddies come across as flat and outdated. Ennino Morricone's score is memorable and effective. Overall, a good western. Make sure you watch the widescreen release with decent audio; the nasty VHS transfers aren't even watchable to me.
November 2, 2011
Van Cleef shines as always, Morricone score is there as well. Leone influence is all over this spaghetti western with familiar revenge plotline.