Death Warrant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Warrant Reviews

January 1, 2014
Typical Cannon Films production, but instead of Charles Bronson or Chuck Norris, they've got Jean Claude Van Damme as the cop.
October 25, 2013
There is nothing terribly standout about this offering from Van Damme. There really isn't any of the accidental comedy that is often present in his films, nor was the plot ridiculous enough. It was just a stock standard actioner - with Benson as his sidekick.
August 23, 2013
'Bring me a dream Burke, bring me a dream.' Nah only death Mr Sandman.
I enjoyed this one, Van Damme is on his lonesome do battle with a gang killing prisoners for their body parts to be sold on. The support cast are good especially Robert Guillaume as Hawkins, the fight scenes needed to be longer and grittier they do lack punch but overall it entertains it just missed that opportunity to become a classic martial art movie it needed someone like Sammo Hung in there choreographing.
½ August 17, 2013
Jean-Claude Van Damme does prison drama! While ridiculous and poorly acted, the film holds itself together through enough cheesy moments to keep it fun. It's no masterpiece, but you will get your fill of Van Damme's cheesiness if you watch it. Only B-movie fanatics need apply.
July 31, 2013
one of my favorite Van-Damme movies. not an especially GREAT movie, but definitely entertaining. throw in Benson, and my love for prison movies, and you got a winner.
½ July 6, 2013
Van Damme is in a prison where he spins around and kicks dudes in the face for ninety minutes. It also has TV's Benson.
July 5, 2013
Van Damme goes under cover in this movie as a prisoner to see what happened to his friend that dies in a prison. Basically that is the story line and the rest is just action but for an early movie it is actually dealing with a real life issue that faces us still today with organ trafficking.
Check this out its not a bad Van Damme Flick.
May 29, 2013
lock up vs van damme!
April 14, 2013
Even thought it has the most unbelievable plot, its still good and has some suspense and great action sequences. I think the real reason why this movie works is because the villains are so grand, and JCVD is not a superhero. He's a detective with some fighting skills, but that won't be enough to save him from a prison full of nasties. The Sandman is a memorable villain and final fight, for one of the better JCVD movies.
March 26, 2013
Van Damme offers his same type usual karate/kickboxing style to beat the baddies up, but this time he does it in prison, which we all know how it ends, I wouldn't spoil anything, but I think you can already guess. Its Tolerable no doubt, I enjoy a few van Damme Movies but Death warrant drifts from excitment. The story lacks, fights scenes are good but overall I'm wishing Van Damme for once concentrates on his acting rather then his fighting and also a change of character, His skills are impressive yes, but he has other skills hidden, i sense there is talent on behalf of himself. Death warrant adds to yet a typical Van Damme movie. but not an enjoyable one.
February 5, 2013
The title makes no sense, but the movie makes all KIND of sense!
½ February 3, 2013
I don't think I can launch a serious defense of this one. It's pure formula from beginning to end. Van Damme is usually not much of an actor and he's even less of one here. Robert Guillaume offers some solid support, but really, most of the actors in this aren't a whole lot better than Van Damme. But I like this one, and I like it because it manages to execute the formula well without veering off into extraneous nonsense and without taking itself too seriously. It's solid entertainment if you like this kind of thing.
January 28, 2013
An undercover Canadian mountie is sent to investigate why prisoners are dropping like flies in a Canadian jail. The usual action vehicle made to exploit Van Damme's action star charisma. This one has a little too much tasteless and needless violence in it.
½ January 23, 2013
JCVD & Prison-movie , always good for me
October 31, 2012
Another good Van Damme action flick, though not great.
October 27, 2012
One of Van Damme's better films as he plays a Canadian Mountie going undercover in a California prison. Nice job of casting the convicts here. Not sure why a Mountie would be used on this US operation but thats beside the point.
September 24, 2012
Awesome movie. Some sick ass jail fights!
August 16, 2012
Loved this movie when I was young!!!
August 2, 2012
THAT GUY CAME OUT OF THE FURNACE!!! That part was AMAZING!!