The Deaths of Ian Stone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Deaths of Ian Stone Reviews

November 20, 2007
Enjoyable movie with a great concept my one gripe was the shift in genre in the second half of the movie.
½ November 20, 2007
nice surprise, like hostel meets underworld
½ November 19, 2007
Best of Horrorfest 2007, hands down.
November 18, 2007
Not really a horror movie, but not bad. I really liked the story, as weird as it was.
November 18, 2007
Not your typical horror movie!
November 18, 2007
Well-made, clever concept, and competent acting and directing. Problem with the ending - not so much with where they took it, but one character's makeup effect was super lame and ultimately silly. Plus, it was just a little mtv for a film with such potential.
November 17, 2007
I was pretty disappointed in this movie because of my expectations. I was not expecting it to become a sci fi/Matrix-esque film and am definitely not a fan of those genres. I thought the first half was excellent, and the acting was great overall.
November 17, 2007
Horror = Not interested.
½ November 17, 2007
Keeps you sucked in with its original story. If you want a new taste of Horror that'll keep your thoughts racing, this is it
November 16, 2007
Interesting. The concept of a guy dying everyday and waking up as the same person in a different life...very intriguing...which is why I went to see this film. I can't really say I was disappointed; however I thought the plot/character development was lacking in depth. Impressive visuals and acting help this one move along. While a bit cheesy in spots overall worth the watch. Not nearly weird enough for me. Though I may be desensitized since I didn't think Frailty was that messed up or The Hills Have Eyes remake was that gory.
½ November 16, 2007
This movie sucked major major balls, i can't believe i wasted money to even think of seeing this movie, whoever directed this pile of festering shit should be shot in the face, and kicked repeatedly until completely and utterly dead, anyone who thinks this movie should receive anything besides the lowest rating possible can suck my movie rating balls...ps don't waste your time....horrorfest is suppost to be scary my eight year old nephew would be more frightened if barney wore a terrorist turban and blew himself up...i'm not fucking kidding this movie sucks and thats the bottom line.....!!!
½ November 16, 2007
The first three quarters of this movie were great and suspenseful, sci-fi. Then it turns into a monster movie and really starts to suck. The make up effects were nice though and definitely showed Stan Winston Studios thumbprint on the movie.
November 15, 2007
It is difficult to muster any negative feelings for this movie because one feels its makers trying so very hard all the way through. It's silly stuff, a somewhat complex situation concocted by Matrix geeks. I found myself laughing good-naturedly at various moments, especially when the villainess Medea and her henchmen donned shiny bondage outfits for no apparent reason toward the end. Mike Vogel, my new favorite actor OF ALL TIME, was pretty easy on the eyes, which didn't hurt either. Harmless stuff--scareless, too--but I didn't feel my time was wasted.
½ November 14, 2007
Worst movie ever? Maybe.
½ November 14, 2007
If the Matrix were a horror movie (minus the whole robots taking over bit) then this movie might be it.

My first film in this years 8 Films To Die For Horrorfest and I must say, this is a welcomed treat. The plot synopsis for this movie makes it sound like a simple "human vs. otherworldly monster" type movie, but the twist gives it a nudge that makes it stand out from similar mainstream movies such as Dead Silence and Darkness Falls. Also a pleasant surprise is that the budget for this movie was evenly spread amongst the cast and special effects. The acting was surprisingly well done and the creature effects (a combination of real life actors and computer animation) was equally as well done and not the usual eyesore that is usually seen with horror movies. (I also enjoyed listening to the villains speak in british accents.)

The end of the movie is, sadly, the retelling of an old cliche of sorts (but to tell you that would spoil the twist and the movie) and there are a couple WTF?! moments but, overall I would definitely recommend checking out this movie and soon, otherwise you may have to wait a year before it's finally brought to DVD.
November 14, 2007
A little on the Sci-fi edge but A pretty interesting movie
½ November 12, 2007
The first movie I've seen of Horrorfest this year, and its not a promising start, good idea ruined by horrible execution, senseless plot, and a worthless last half hour.
½ November 12, 2007
really, truly not good. Good luck trying to make sense of any plot, because its not there. Good costuming and effects, but past that, not scary or original
½ November 12, 2007
This is the first of three films I'll be seeing this year at the After Dark Horrorfest. I was looking forward to this one, but it ended up being something completely different than I originally thought. While it was by no means bad, it had several missteps. It started out well, but turned into a cheesy little sci fi flick towards the end. This isn't the Sci Fi Fest, just to remind you After Dark guys. Mike Vogel did a good job though; he really committed to the role. The effects were also done well. But this could have been a cool horror twist on Groundhog Day. I was dissapointed it didn't turn out that way.
November 11, 2007
Great horror flick that certainly delivers!!! It belonged as part of Horrorfest 2007 and was one of my favorite films!! Loved the effects, the storyline and would have no problem seeing it again!!