Deathtrap - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deathtrap Reviews

November 29, 2006
I'd like to see this movie!!
½ November 19, 2006
For reasons which I cannot divulge, Deathtrap works better on stage.
November 10, 2006
Tricky, complex thriller. It's not as good as Sleuth, but what is? Great performances although much of the original play's humor seems to be lost in translation. It is, however, a riveting thriller in its own right. I had the priviledge of seeing it on stage with Elliot Gould (excellent) in a production that emphasized the comedic aspect of it and I've come to the decision that the humor works better on stage and the thrills work better on film. Check it out.
November 5, 2006
A very witty movie! I would love to see this one on stage sometime.
October 27, 2006
For me, a classic!! One of the best endings ever, and to adapt it from a play, briliant!!!
October 20, 2006
You must watch it all the way to the end or you will not get it.
½ September 28, 2006
first movie i remeber seeing Christopher in
September 9, 2006
Michael Caine is always worth watching. Christopher Reeve however was never a favorite of mine. Interesting story, made interesting mainly because of Michael Caine's performance. Kind of a "bargain basement" version of the far superior "Sleuth"
September 8, 2006
thgis is a genuinely great mystery thriller with the now deceased Christopher Reeves playing a criminal and a homosexual.
August 9, 2006
This is a must see if you haven't already.
½ August 3, 2006
Pure genious! You can never guess the end of that movie...I wish I had the chance to see it live on stage!
½ July 27, 2006
Though there is a twist, you should watch it.

Sam got me good when i watched it.
July 25, 2006
When this movie started off I found it easy to follow and nothing too amazing or original at that. As it carried on and finally came to a close, I was totally shocked and thrown off, this film was terrifically well crafted. I haven't seen the play it was adapted from so I have no idea how accurate it was but the movie itself was very well done, with giggles suspense and a plot that grabbed me and made me want to get the full taste of the recipe. Christopher Reeve and Michael Caine were great in the lead roles.
July 20, 2006
Seen this on the stage starring David Soul playing Michael Caine's character, so the screen version is proabaly worth watching as well. Though for me (and most people i guess) Christopher Reeve will always be superman so that might take some getting used to.
½ July 9, 2006
SO unpredictable! I liked the first half better than the second, because for most of the first half I didnt know what was going on at all.
½ July 1, 2006
lots of twists! you will be delightfully confused!
June 6, 2006
Wow. Not quite as wow-inducing as Sleuth, but still...wow. This is one of the very few movies where I had no inkling of the major plot twist. I mean none at all. And then it just kept surprising me. As far as mind-bending "who's good, who's bad" movies, this one definitely makes the top five!
June 4, 2006
Some homoeroticism. Kewl. Michael Caine and Superman!
June 3, 2006
It is better on stage, but who doesn't love Superman being gay?
May 7, 2006
Edge-of-your-seat suspense. I was forever guessing what the hell was gonna happen next. It's not your usualy whodunnit, but who'll-do-it.