Deathtrap - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deathtrap Reviews

½ April 30, 2009
Lots of fun with performances that are just over-the-top enough to enjoy.
FiLmCrAzY
April 24, 2009
I dont know whether this was good or not it was differnatly different in the way it was written and executed but it was weird and with some jumpy bits so maybe you'll like it maybe not its a bit like marmite!!
April 16, 2009
i thought is is a hilarious film

AMAZING ending as well....
½ March 29, 2009
A murder mystery that is very well written and acted and keeps you guessing until the end.
March 11, 2009
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch...its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie...i think that michael caine, christopher reeve, dyan cannon, henry jones, irene worth play good parts throughout this movie...i think that the director of this Mystery & Suspense, Drama, Comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie its a brilliant movie 2 watch with a great cast throughout this movie
½ February 16, 2009
A pretty dang good interpretation of the play. I wish they would've laid off some parts and had kept the real ending as it fits the story much much better.
January 25, 2009
i give it four because it was an amazing rollercoaster but the movie takes a twist that well i guess you would just have to see it
January 12, 2009
If you want a SHOCKER check this out.
January 5, 2009
Om teater som teater som film, med et av de mest merkelige plot jeg har vært borti. Michael Caine var gammel i 1982 også, og Christopher Reeve ser ut som en parodi på en Ken-dukke, men han er kul! Var det noe jeg aldri hadde forventet å se på film, så må det være en scene der Reeve kaller Caine "babe".
moviefan1725
January 1, 2009
Sidney Lumet's masterful adaptation of Ira Levin's play is not so much of a "whodunit", but more of what I like to call a "who'll do it". It's impossible to describe the movie in any depth without giving away any of it's secrets. Michael Caine plays a washed up playwright who receives a play from an up and coming playwright played by Christopher Reeve. Caine tells his wife (Dyan Cannon) of a scheme he concocts to kill Reeve and pass the play, called Deathtrap, off as his own. That's all that can be said other than the movie contains more twists and surprises than you can imagine. The movie largely takes place on one set, a windmill converted into Caine's home, centered by his study that is loaded with props and weaponry from his various plays. The acting is first rate. Michael Caine is an acting legend, and this is a prime example of his skill. But it's Reeve that really shines here. Of course the world knows him as Superman. His performance as The Man Of Steel is the stuff of Hollywood legend. But the man was a graduate of Juliard, and here he shows the depth he had as an actor, that unfortunately never had the chance to shine through. The two actors go head to head in an intricate and extremely surprising little movie that will have the audience guessing at the outcome all the way to the end.
½ December 21, 2008
Pretty good movie for the story and dialogue. The acting was also good and it's pretty creepy watching Chris Reeve be all crazy like that. Makes for a pretty disturbing film.
December 13, 2008
Good, but very highly talky and slightly problematic thriller here. I love Michael Caine, and love LOVE Dyan Cannon, Christopher Reeve I'm a bit iffy on soley because he's wasnt the most experienced actor at that time. The whole thing feels stagey and talky, and eventually, it's just not that interesting.
½ December 4, 2008
Better when not spoiled by wanker friends. Outstanding cast and polished script.
½ November 25, 2008
it was interesting.... i loved the neighbor! she was great! the only thing i didn't like was the plot... it was just .... alright then. i liked the directing. the only reason why i would watch this again was to see the neighbor! and to actually count how many times 'darling' is used (got up to 21 before i gave up-that was just in the first 15 min.).
November 25, 2008
This was oddly entertaining! I loved Michael Caine, and Christopher Reeve was well. The wife wasn't fantastic. She was either screaming, or had a weird line or close-up. But, actually had a few really good plot twists! I'd love to see the stage version.
November 9, 2008
The first time I saw this I was quite young. It attracted me somehow. I can't recall how many time I've watched it since then, but it's a classic in my mind.
½ October 9, 2008
it'd be all five stars, except i got alittle confused towards the end...
August 27, 2008
I had a blast watching this play-within-a-play. Caine and Reeve are in top form (nice to see Reeve in something besides Superman) and Cannon does some ditzy Goldie Hawn bit, but it all works. The twists and turns are well-done and the whole thing is terrifically suspenseful and wildly enjoyable in a campy, self-conscious, theatrical manner.
½ August 22, 2008
Worth watching. Surprises all over the place.
August 4, 2008
I've heard good things about this.