Deathtrap - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deathtrap Reviews

July 31, 2008
Whoa man. Lots of fun watching Michael Caine and Chris Reeve in this play adaptation. Great plotting. Defies expectation.
½ July 14, 2008
a great crime triller with a surprising amount of twists and humor... the setup of a stage play within the story of a play was well done and well acted...
July 13, 2008
Excellent script, plot, and acting. Very suspenseful and well worth seeing
½ July 10, 2008
I love this movie. Great performances by everyone except Dyan Cannon... But what are you gonna do about her anyway? The plot is a never-ending spiral where you have no idea what will happen next. The perfect thriller capable of rivaling Murder on the Orient Express.
alanjayh
June 13, 2008
entertaining....comes across more as a theater play than a film...the acting of Reeve and Caine works well and draws the viewer into the mystery....
½ June 6, 2008
Great plot, many twists.
June 4, 2008
Outstanding performances and a superior story make this a great film.
½ May 27, 2008
Good relationship and play between Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve. Lots of twists and turns to make your head spin and the ending was satisfying!
½ May 25, 2008
this was a late night movie and i was expecting some woeful 80's comic thriller. but i really enjoyed this film. Caine and Reeve have excellent chemistry and the plot is interesting enough to keep you guessing. the tone is wonderfully charming and old world (ala Caine) and the dialogue is witty and engaging. well worth the watch.
May 14, 2008
great lil filum...great plot twists and turns...
May 13, 2008
This was way better than Sleuth.
May 12, 2008
Maybe not quite as good 'Sleuth' (a little bit too gimmicky) but still a great thriller. Caine is great but it is actually Christopher Reeve who is the most interesting, playing against 'Superman' type as the sociopath student. Perhaps a few too many twists at the end and the psychic character is a bit annoying but well worth watching as a double bill with the original 'Sleuth'.
½ May 9, 2008
like watching a play within a play within a play - this movie is perfect. there isn't a single predictable twist (for all the 10+ twists that this movie has got!) This movie is great. Watch it. Love it. A gifted critic couldn't call it "bad" ;)
½ May 8, 2008
More twists and turns than a Formula One Grand Prix course and none to shoddy with it. The performances of and chemistry between Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve really makes the film though.
May 7, 2008
I was originally reluctantly dragged to this film at the cinema and remember that I thought it was so good I went back and saw it again a week later. The plot twists are brillant and the acting is first class.
½ May 3, 2008
This is a Rubix cube of a films (well portrayed by the poster) and has many twists and turns to be very entertaining. On it's own this wouldn't be enough though and fortunately the performances are also fantastic. Michael Caine, Dyann Cannon and Chistopher Reeve have fantastic chemistry between them. It's adapted from a play and seems to convert very well just as Sleuth did.
½ April 30, 2008
I only started watching it, it was too disgusting to continue. Two guys kissed each other and...yuck...yuck. Anyway: DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE.
April 19, 2008
The perfect Sunday afternoon flick...
½ April 18, 2008
Pretty sweet movie! Both Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve are excellent, but the woman who plays Michael Caine's wife got on my nerves a little...overall, thoroughly enjoyable!
April 15, 2008
1. Christopher Reeve is gorgeous.
2. There was a scene early on in the movie where Christopher Reeve's acting was pretty much as amazing as anything else I've ever seen.
3. The plot developments had me trippin.