Deathtrap - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deathtrap Reviews

½ April 12, 2008
Tons of plot twists and good performances.
April 7, 2008
As much as I love Reeve and Caine, I'd like to see this play updated. I rented it, confusing it with Sleuth (also starring Michael Caine) and thought this could have been a bit snappier. Enjoyable but dated.
½ April 7, 2008
This time Michael Caine is the old wisecracker mystery writer. him and Christopher Reeve are very good in their parts. The charm, good humour, amount of red herrings and Sidney Lumet's direction are interesting points as well, but the ending is so weak that makes the film fall apart.
March 30, 2008
I know is kind of silly, but I have such a tendency to love this type of movies. The classical thriller, made play and parody...
March 26, 2008
I was in the stage version of this and for that it will always be very special to me. Its worth a watch.
March 22, 2008
An enjoyable whodunit with some clever twists and turns in this "play within a play". Besides his role as Superman, I'd always considered Christopher Reeve kind of a bland actor, but he's much more edgy in this one and reminded me that the guy really was a talented performer. And Michael Caine's in it, so that's really all you need to know. If the guy can make "Jaws: The Revenge" passable, anything beyond that is cake. He's equally at home in comedies, dramas, and thrillers, and here we get to see him trying his hand at all three, at turns homicidal and slapsticky. I could have done without the psychic character as she was the least interesting and actually pretty annoying, but then it would have defeated the purpose of the movie in the first place, so oh well. Funny, light, clever story.
March 20, 2008
Clever script and fantastic fun. Unforgettable.
March 18, 2008
Sidney Lumet does "Sleuth" bringing back Michael Caine and adding Christopher Reeve and Dyan Cannon into the mix, and though the film isn't as effective as that suspenseful masterpiece, this film is still a wonderful companion piece to the film with its own bevy of twists... including one that will knock your socks off! Only complaint: the ending is weak and ends the film on a sour note, but everything up until that point is an unpredictable cat-and-mouse thriller!
March 11, 2008
Funny movie about a writer trying to off his wife. Reeve and Caine are at the top of there game, esp. Reeve who shows he's an actor not Superman
March 10, 2008
Uno de los mejores giros en la historia del cine... The Crying Game? bah!
March 10, 2008
Uno de los mejores giros en la historia del cine... The Crying Game? bah!
½ March 10, 2008
Great movie....err, play, uh....I'm not sure what to call it. But its damn good. Full of tension, suspense, and Christopher Reeves awful white pants in the second act.
February 28, 2008
Reeve and Caine shine is this psychological thriller.
February 21, 2008
i really didn't think i'd like this movie. i've owned it for three years and finally watched and i love it! it's really funny and witty and a great story.
½ February 15, 2008
Wow! From the school of 'Sleuth', Caine returns in top form, especially as a down and beaten English drunk! Christopher Reeve also appears and plays both his Clark Kent and Superman roles! I just wonder what was going on behind the scenes with these actors as they were really hamming it up (no reference of course to some scenes that mayu shock some viewers), Caine looked sloshed and Reeve seemed really wired up!! I'd say that this is the best of Caine during the 1980s and Reeve showed that he could've been a real contender, too bad about his later accident and lack of good scripts or roles... Definitely entertaining stuff even with some weirdness lurking... There are lots of surprises and often you're not sure who has the upper hand! I now can't wait to see Sleuth the remake co-starring Jude Law and done by Kenneth Brannagh for the trilogy to be complete!
February 13, 2008
Before the first twist, the film is perfect. After that, take it as you will.
½ February 12, 2008
It‚??s a movie based on a play and it just didn‚??t convert. The acting from Christopher Reeve and Michael Cain was good. The twists in the plot were sometimes predictable but usually effective. The problem was I kept on thinking, ‚??This would be so much better on stage.‚??
February 1, 2008
Great twist and superb script
January 25, 2008
scary suspenful, full of twists and turns and micheal caine and christopher reeve share a kiss
½ January 23, 2008
lmao
Loved every crazy twist and turn :D