Decampitated Reviews

• May 12, 2015

Brilliant, funny and self-aware. This movie is awesome. For sure it is a typical slasher movie, but it pokes fun at itself and the tropes of the slasher genre. Highly recommended!

• Feb 19, 2015

More laugh out loud schlock comedy horror gold from Troma. Watch the opening scene and I'd wager you'll hang around for the rest.

• Jan 23, 2013

The first half was amusing and it is a cute way to poke fun at the killer camp films. I also loved how 90's it was. However the joke ran it's course and my ADHD was awakened.

• Aug 26, 2012

I don't mind low budget filmmaking and I love the combination of horror and comedy but Decampitated isn't the campy fun I would have hoped for. While the gore FX were fun and abundant the addition of really really bad sound effects made them seem cheap. In fact, the canned sounds made the entire film much much worse as it was clear they were going for a comedic romp but seemed to forget to make it funny. The acting is attrocious and I'm sure much of it's over the top quality is on purpose, but it only served to lessen an already poor script with already dumbed down dialogue. Decampitated is not a good movie, but it is pure Troma. If you're looking for quality, don't bother but if you're a fan of Troma, there's enough Troma Trauma to make your sleeping bag vomit. (yes that last sentence made about as much sense as this movie)

• Jun 19, 2011

• Jun 19, 2011

• May 26, 2011

Troma horror comedy, spoofing Friday the 13th and slasher flicks like it. More direct comedy rather than the pitch-black weirdness of many of the earlier Troma films, complete with comedic sound effects and over-the-top character cliches. Ranges from being annoyingly unfunny to quite funny. Gore and stupidity galore, if that be to your liking. I know it is to mine.

• Aurelius D Super Reviewer
    Mar 28, 2010

Troma at its finest. I laughed out loud several times. I almost didn't think about finishing it but I stuck it out and am glad I did. This is cheese at it's finest. So many great one liners. It's like Airplane meets Friday the 13th.

• May 21, 2009

GAHHHHH I WISH I COULD GIVE IT MORE THAN FIVE STARS!!! my friend and i look for really bad, poorly made horror movies to laugh at. and this movie, jesus christ, was so funny! but we were laughing with it, not at it. amazing. i loved it.

• Nov 30, 2008

Decampitated (another one of Troma's "finest", and I use that term loosely) is about a group of friends who go on a camping trip out in the woods where a deranged lunatic walks amongst them hacking and slashing everyone, thus letting tons of gore and loose body parts fly. Sounds like your typical Slasher film, however, the film is played ENTIRELY for laughs, diving head first into the slapstick ballpark where everything is a walking gag or joke. A lot of it is actually mildly funny, but it seems so damn consistent that it gets tiresome after awhile. I will add that I found it funny to see the friends getting horribly mutilated and torn apart in so many ways, and yet, never dying. The film has its fun moments, but be prepared for Airplane II-type comedy. Not too terribly bad though. It was interesting to hear a steady mix of Hardcore music throughout the film. Very odd but fun.