December - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

December Reviews

½ May 30, 2013
This film felt like a high school play rehearsal. The acting was wooden and the direction a bore. This could have been a decent coming of age film but instead is just a shell of one.
November 23, 2008
First of all i love brian krause but the story line of this movie is amazing
½ November 21, 2008
The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor causes 5 friends at a New Hampshire collage to debate the pro's and con's of enlisting. Meh. Writer/Actors/Director never sold me that the character where Collage students in 1941. Rather they come off as inventions of a writer/director in 1991 and his own musings. Worse is the incredably talky nature of the movie. Well other films can use that to there advantage if the talent is there on screen (see Spanish Judges and Conspiracy) here the acting is uneven, some good moments but not worth sitting threw the many scenes where the actings on par with a Grade 10 highschool play. Worse the two friends, Tim the pro-war kick ass one, and Kip the conscentious objector war is wrong one both come across as assholes, making sympathy for ether one impossable, since there in almost every scene this makes for a long 90 minutes. Skip it.
October 23, 2008
A really good movie! It dissects the hearts and minds of four different young men about their reasons for going, or not going to war. It will surprise you in the end who gets on the bus to join the military and who will not, and perhaps most important is why.
November 28, 2007
As a character study, the movie ultimately fails because the characters are awkwardly one-dimensional.
July 25, 2007
Horrible movie complete with horrible acting - seems more like a school play than a film. The decision to go to war has never been so uninteresting.
½ June 30, 2007
It's what friendship goes through before any major life changing choice. It is about a reaction to war and the choices that will follow. It takes place over 1 day.
June 22, 2007
love the casting, good schoolboy movie
June 11, 2007
...This is a very fucking different December from the one I was thinking of...
½ June 9, 2007
A good movie but it could have been done much better.
June 5, 2007
Brian Krause is from Charmed and he rocked in this movie!
June 5, 2007
Just because I'm the only person I know who's ever been able to stay awake for the whole thing doesn't mean that it's bad. Whatever. I know the whole thing by heart. Go away, leave me alone.
January 24, 2007
Not only does i thave Brian krause but ut has Balthazar Getty in it! he played Richard on Charmed! lol