December Boys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

December Boys Reviews

½ November 6, 2016
Nice story, we'll told but not enough fun? It seemed very dramatic and left me feeling sad. Never read the book so not sure if that was the overall tone of the book too, but would have liked a little more of the light hearted side of the tale. All the actors were outstanding and the cinematography spot on. Over all a good story, we'll acted but missing something.
October 17, 2016
I HAVE TO SEE THIS!!! IT HAS DANIEL RADCLIFFE IN IT!!!
July 6, 2015
Not touching, with a lack of originality and a lack of interest, December Boys bring to us a movie with a predictable narrative and poorly acted.
July 6, 2015
May 18, 2015
Pas grand chose à en dire... C'est un bon film quand on ne sait pas quoi regarder, mais c'est tout...
May 6, 2015
The movie grew on me, and I think I partially liked it because I visited one of these places in Australia, Stewart House, built to give children a visit at the sea as escape from whatever is happening in their lives.
July 20, 2014
Though it is slow to begin with, I ended up really loving this and ended up with a few tears in the ending, which I didn't see coming. The ensemble nature of the characters means that Daniel Radcliff doesn't stand out at all, which was good - no thoughts of Harry Potter, due also to his spot-on Aussie accent.
March 21, 2014
The 4 boys will charm you. Their performances seem very natural and fluid. It is a very touching story. I had a few laughs as well. Of course, I ended up crying, LOL! Family is so much more than a blood thing. DECEMBER BOYS!!! Ha! Vayan a verla. Esta en Fine Arts ahora mismo (Octubre)
½ February 22, 2014
There is nothing new about this its the same story about orphans Daniel Radcliffe is quite good in this & there is some good photography but it falls short of its potential.
½ September 3, 2013
Nobody likes this film ... but what can I say? I thought 'December Boys' was a lovely movie. That sounds gay, but it's the best way I can describe it. The film is overly sentimental, but God hep me, I'm a sucker for sentimentality. And as a fan of Daniel Radcliffe - an actor who, while not always at his best, does have an interesting style and originality which I think (and hope) will continue to guide him further than the restrictions cast upon him by portraying Harry Potter - I enjoyed this for the fact that he does prove himself capable of playing someone else. The mystical quality gained by the alluring Australian location serves an equally important part in making this movie more interesting than it otherwise might have been, and from what I've heard, the storyline in the original novel is much more eventful and involving. But there you have it. 'December Boys' is what it is, and while I can understand why most people dislike it, I found it thoroughly enjoyable, and quite emotionally moving.
May 21, 2013
Tem uma bela fotografia, mas é extremamente esquemático e clichê.
May 13, 2013
I loved it...great movie about growing up and the importance of family
April 20, 2013
it will be interesting to see if the boy who plays Harry Potter can act in anything else...
½ March 8, 2013
well act and beautiful locations but a little bit slow and lack of amazement
½ February 3, 2013
It's not bad but not superb.
½ February 2, 2013
for me, only the last half is good enough, when the character who's playing Daniel Radcliffe realize what the real life is...
½ January 26, 2013
muy comica y divertida
½ January 25, 2013
I liked this movie, I think Radcliffe made a good performance
½ January 5, 2013
A well made coming of age story of four boys. It deals well with the relationships that boys can have; one of love and care that is not seen much in movies.