Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay Reviews

• Nov 25, 2018

Man! Iï¿ 1/2(TM)ve loved Ricky Jay for many years but had no idea of his origins. No wonder he was so good: not only did he have a deep and lifelong love of magic, he had the good fortune to have loved ones and friends who were great magicians themselves. What a great documentary, both for people who loved Ricky Jay as well as for anyone who loves magic and the history of the greats, a lineage up to and including Ricky Jay himself. RIP Ricky

• Feb 22, 2015

Excellent and worthwhile documentary on the famous and incredible magician Ricky Jay.

• Jan 18, 2015

fascinating look at a world you'd never know about unless you were in the know.

fascinating look at a world you'd never know about unless you were in the know.

• Aug 29, 2014

A fascinating documentary about Jay and magic in general. Slight of hand tricks that will blow your mind. I would have a little more personal information.

• Aug 13, 2014

It's funny....I didn't even know Ricky Jay was a magician... I just knew him from P.T. Anderson movies! Turns out he's one of the greatest illusionists of all time! And this is a wonderful doc about his life.

• Apr 05, 2014

I got kind of choked up during the giant ice cube story.

I got kind of choked up during the giant ice cube story.

• Mar 29, 2014

cool magic history lesson. lots of magic idols referenced.

cool magic history lesson. lots of magic idols referenced.

• Mar 28, 2014

• Feb 06, 2014

A paint-by-numbers retrospective.

A paint-by-numbers retrospective.

• Feb 01, 2014

Great look into mastery and the history of magic arts.

Great look into mastery and the history of magic arts.