Dead Sushi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dead Sushi Reviews

½ March 1, 2015
No hay nada, repito, NADA, destacable en esta película:

Malas interpretaciones, mal dirección, fatal edición, efectos especiales de de mierda (tanto en CGI como físicos), guión absolutamente desastroso y unas ideas que podría superar un niño de 5 años en cuestión de madurez ...

... y sin embargo no podrás parar de reír viéndola. No iré tan lejos como decir el típico "es tan mala, que es buena", pero si puedo asegurar que con un par de amigos y en una situación idónea esta película es hilarante.
February 6, 2015
The Japenese version of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I think thats all that is really needed to be said. If you like those kind of movies that are so bad that are still bad, then this is the one for you. I wont lie though, I laughed quite a few times.
January 18, 2015
fun over the top silliness a lot of fun is had with the preposterous premise top notch camp cast in particular the cheating inn keepers wife steals every scene shes in, from performing the robot and showing how japanese kiss (its fucken gross)right through to spewing an endless amount of rice (almost as gross)
½ August 3, 2014
Light hearted film with gratuitous violence and gore about fornicating killer sushi!
½ July 25, 2014
From Noboru Iguchi, director of F for Fart in The ABCs Of Death segment, you probably have an idea now what you are in for. This film is as cheesy as hell in the most entertaining way and experience you will ever have in watching a (chessy) movie. The GORE here is sickly creative and twisted in the style of Japanese perverse culture and are very bloody, yet not so realistic most of the time. The SCARE here is probably seeing some of the comedic performances that is so absurd, well-acted, and twisted that makes me feel like throwing up in some scenes. I did burst out in tears twice from laughing though. Overall, Dead Sushi is a very funny over the top cheesy horror/comedy film that gets crazier and make less and less sense as it goes and it's well aware of that. So if you are in for a sickly delicious crazy fun time and lots of crazy surprises, then this is a movie that will go beyond all your expectation! [A-]
July 18, 2014
I found the bloody sex scenes truly appalling and what's worse, not funny in the least.
July 6, 2014
It's supposed to be funny, but it's not.
March 23, 2014
First sharknado, then Atlantic rim, then android cop.. But I love dead sushi! The Japanese make cheesy movies better than anyone! Loved it!!
February 24, 2014
Dear Sushi - yes you guessed it right Japanese satirical-comedy horror film! Co-written and directed by Noboru Iguchi. Starring Rina Takeda.

Plot revolves around Rina who is being taught how to make nutritiously tasty 'Sushi' by her expert Sushi-chef-cum-father. She is thrown out after her father mocks her inability so far to learn it thoroughly. She gets job at Sushi Inn - where an elite head of pharmaceutical brings his team to stay, and enjoy the Sushi. A homeless guy sneaks inside the Inn and releases serum into squid, which brings them back to life and wakes up all types of Sushi including 'Tuna-Sushi', 'Egg-Sushi' etc. - corpses start to fall, only few in line with Rina are determined to fight-back.

This horror-comedy film chooses live-action use of blood-splattering out of body in cartoonish style. Scenes involving death, Sushi biting on tongue, incinerating abdomen, and more do seem to be exciting, yet it is not enough to bind the audience. In fact I do adore the level of comedy in it, which makes it among few movies that I enjoyed with comedy in it. Nothing more is happening except what I already mentioned in the plot.
February 22, 2014
Flying sushi? Sushi nunchuks? Acid-spewing sushi? Noboru Iguchi did it again with the usual mix of gore, sex, and campiness in Dead Sushi.
February 19, 2014
OMG THIS MOVIE WAS A HAPPY ACCIDENT. DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT BUT ENDED UP LOVING IT
January 8, 2014
This movie made me laugh.
½ December 5, 2013
5 stars for creative or 1 star for ridiculous? Funny dubunking film, everything is in it: flying-singing-mating and mainly killing zombie-sushi, ridiculously stupid characters, cheap effects (from a toy shop and a sushi take-away), and a bunch of swinging breasts. Total fun!
October 9, 2013
Silly to the max! But not as funny as I thought it was going to be!
August 25, 2013
Hubersilly? Yes. Fun? Sometimes. Good? Not as really good sushi. Having canteerous egg sushi and a flying edible Yamato is tasty, but not always nutritious.
August 10, 2013
It's shlock, over the top, tasteless fun, with a self-knowledge about how silly this whole thing is (as expressed by one character who said, "Nothing makes sense anymore!"). There is comedic timing in this as the actors have serious faces but camp it up outrageously. Best seen with a group of friends and a candidate for cult classic status.
½ May 28, 2013
What the hell did I just watch!?
½ March 31, 2013
"Dead Sushi" es extraordinariamente absurda pero quien conoce la obra de Noboru Iguchi (responsable de peliculas como "The Machine Girl" y "Robo-Geisha") sabra que esperar. La historia involucra a la hija de un chef quien quiere seguir los pasos de su estricto padre ademas de ser una practicante de las artes marciales. Por un bizarro giro del destino tendra que enfrentarse a un ejercito de sushis poseidos.
Las peliculas de Iguchi involucran litros de sangre y visceras y momentos irreverentes de sexualidad pero "Dead Sushi" es mas timida que sus otras obras. Es una cinta que divierte pero que no explota su extravagante argumento.
½ March 18, 2013
Tout est dans le titre. Des sushis reviennent à la vie et foutent la zone dans un hôtel. Gros Z délirant qui n'a aucune retenue, la bonne séance barre de rire (même si au final c'est un peu long quand même) du festival.
February 28, 2013
Ridiculously campy fun. Deliciously terrifying? Somehow, Iguchi was able to tie everything together in this mess. The acting was actually quite nice, so does the whole premise. It's fun to watch and shows off Japanese culture.