Deep Evil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deep Evil Reviews

½ August 14, 2014
Straight forward sci-fi thriller: not that much action and it lacks some kind of final battle. The aliens act a bit too woody for highly intelligent beings that can transform in anything. Don't watch if dislike movies with open endings without a sequel.
½ August 19, 2013
Deep Evil More Like Deep S**t. Cause That's What These Army Guys Are Thrown Into When They Must Battle An Alien Force, This Also A Great Way To Explain How The Film Is Generally Made. But It's Not A Total Disaster.
½ January 4, 2013
Caught it off Netflix online this past Saturday. It was a standard B-production with very little as far as twists and turns. Think of it as a dollar store version of the Andromeda strain with less imagination and darker sets. Thank goodness it's only 84 minutes long. I didn't understand the ending where the woman scientist goes home to her daughter after they show the military shooting her. Was that the creature in the guise of the scientist?
½ April 1, 2012
Awful acting in an awful attempt at The Thing (the original, good one). Go away.
March 7, 2012
A low budget movie that really lacks in many areas.
½ August 3, 2009
Fairly dire...but fun to watch. With a great redeeming twist ;)
½ June 18, 2009
Aliens try to colonize the Arctic in this thriller set at a top secret lab in Alaska. Good storyline to this film
April 8, 2009
Ridiculous B-Movie fair which isn't actually as bad as you may think. It has Aliens written all over it though
December 29, 2008
The movie sucks, but since Lamas is my fav hero I couldn't miss it.
½ August 31, 2008
A team go into a lab to see what happened. What they find is an alien cloning experiment gone wrong.
August 27, 2008
Got some funny comments in it, the story is nice, the end is hilarious (watch out for ppl with dark eyes, lol)
August 14, 2008
Meh. A Resident Evil spoof with aleins and not zombies.
½ July 20, 2008
One of the worst movies I've ever seen, with all of those cliché 'horror' things (like people running in the shadows at the corners of the eye, the "we can't get out of here" situations etc...).
And most of all, soldiers firing at spiders??
½ July 13, 2008
Boring. Watch only when you have nothing else to do.
June 5, 2008
Ah, Lorenzo Lamas in Alien rip-off #3897. How can you go wrong?
May 10, 2008
Evil ... water? Saves money on special effects. Bogus.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
January 4, 2008
A horrible movie with insanely stupid dialogue and let alone how writers depict the characters...
September 22, 2007
As the number of insect thrillers produced by First Look Entertainment continue to rise (Mosquito Man, Larva), Deep Evil seems to be the most original.

A meteorite crashes in Syberia back in the 1950's containing alien DNA, it quickly spreads through a top secret base and wipes everyone out before a nuke makes toast out of everything....or so we thought. Fastforward 50 years and the same virus that wiped out the last bio-station strikes again, but this time it wasn't contained. The entire movie is basically a flashback from one character's view point. Its tough to explain the rest of the movie so I'll make it short....black op, no survivors.

The storyline itself was interesting until you were able to figure out the end before the climax even began. I really wanted to like this movie for it had a lot of suspicion. No kidding, this movie actually kept me on the edge of my seat for a while until I realized the ending like I said earlier. For those who have seen this movie, you know the exact scene I am referring to. This movie showed some promise and had some cool convulsing effects, plus I always love to see movies where the bad guys win. The only problem I had with this movie was there wasn't any nudity. Other than that it was a very underrated flick that most people gave a bad rating because they don't like movies that make you think 3 out of 5
July 5, 2007
Some effects were pretty cool, but overall story was pretty lame... Expected more from Lamas...