Deep Winter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deep Winter Reviews

Robbanflix
January 1, 2015
A sport/action movie about skiing / snowboarding in a beautiful and very dangerous Alaska. This is a low budget movie but its quite well made actually with decent actors and there are 2 famous faces here for me , Michael Madsen and Robert Carradine. The highlight for the movie are the nice ski scenes along with a pretty good music score aswell. Worth a look if you like that kind of stuff.
½ September 5, 2013
It's not the worst sports based movie out there, but if you don't care about skiing you won't care about this.
July 1, 2013
Warren Miller with a plot. Great young cast in fun, action-packed action sports drama. The story is a bit underwhelming, but the movie exudes authenticity and heart-pumping excitement. Spectacular scenery and action.
December 15, 2012
I've seen snow-action on NBC, documentaries and in commercials that are far more worthy than this "CSI: Alaska"-style edited/acted p.o.s.-- and far more brief.
April 27, 2012
Some enjoyable bits if you like stunning scenery & snow sports action. no comments worth making on plot or performances!
March 21, 2012
The plot and acting of this movie deserves 2 stars, but the nice job they did filming the skiing and snowboarding bumps it up to 3.
February 7, 2012
Tuesday, February 7, 2012

(2008) Deep Winter
ADVENTURE

Acting is bad and the plot is too cliche to be taken seriously and absolutely offers nothing professional skiers don't know themselves and very predictable, but if anyone were to be ignorant as much as I am about the dynamics of filming skiing videos this film succeeds at doing just that. Movie has simplistic plot about a professional skier who gets himself kicked off his ski team, he then visits a girl working at a bar who the star is close to her brother and a professional snowboarder whose also knows about the star getting himself kicked off his skiing team, brings along and introduces to him a film crew who makes ski videos for a living and offers him a contract to showcase him to do some serious skiing on some of Alaskas most trecherous mountains. Michael Madson also stars as the helicopter pilot whose job is to drop skiers/ snowboarders to the mountains. The process of making skiing videos is what should be focused here than on anything else otherwise it's pointless to be watched at all.

2.5 out of 4
January 14, 2012
If you like skiing, then yes this movie may be visually interesting to you. I enjoyed the cast, especially Kellan, but the movie has a sad vibe throughout and put me in a bad mood. Sorry, not going to be watching this one again.
September 9, 2010
If you're crazy about surfboarding and I mean absolutely crazy about it, then you might like this movie. If not, then I am quite certain that you won't find much here.
April 7, 2010
A lazy sports drama with good looking men that will only appeal to teenage girls and snowboarding dead heads.
½ January 23, 2010
amazing footage a little slow in parts
January 11, 2010
pretty good movie, good snowboarding scenes and hot guys :)
July 29, 2009
Some great ski-jumping stunts & photography; weak storyline.
July 26, 2009
NOWwithSUPERspoiler!!!

oh, snap!! This movie is surprisingly good.
I haven't seen any thing like this in quite some time. so long in fact that i can't think of the other of its kind. the male chick flick.

superSpoiler

Kellan Lutz dies on the mountain called the Meteor.

Kellan Lutz's sister and his friend get married and have a baby.
June 20, 2009
Not even for Kellan could I finish this.
June 7, 2009
OMG!!!!!!!! it was sooo awesome.............i LOVED it!!!!!! kellen lutz is sooo hot in this movie..........kinda sad wen he died in the movie tho....
½ May 20, 2009
Overall, the story line could have used some work. I cry during 99% of the movies I watch, it's just something I do. Not saying that because I didn't or don't cry makes that movie a bad one, it just didn't get to me like others do. I didn't cry. I don't think the audience has enough time to get involved with the characters, the movie is pretty much stunts all the way through, so when the tragic event took place, I didn't cry. I think the acting is good, some of the lines are a bit cliche. Kellan Lutz was wonderful, incase anyone Netflixed this movie just for that reason... of which I was one. :)
The scenery is beautiful! I think that is the best part of the whole movie. Kudos to the director for getting some fantastic shots! Some of the angles were really awkward. For instance, at one point, you were skiing down the mountain with Tyler (Eric Lively), which was awkward. I didn't really appreciate that. I want to watch them do it, not feel like I'm sliding to my own death down a solid sheet of arctic tundra. No thank you.
The soundtrack is pretty cool, I'm not a huge fan of that generic rock stuff, but it fit the movie well.
I think there was an overuse of drugs that was extremely unnecessary, for serious, get rid of the dang bong. I didn't mind the drinking but the weed was stupid.
Overall, it's a good movie. I would probably recommend this movie to my friends who ski and snow board though, it's not for everyone.
May 14, 2009
the snowboarding and skiing scenes were pretty cool and the acting wasnt bad i liked michael madsen
May 8, 2009
I LOVE TI!!!!

i love it
May 5, 2009
Love It!!! Great movie!!!