Defending Your Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Defending Your Life Reviews

January 26, 2013
Awesome movie love Albert brooks!
½ January 3, 2013
A sweet fantasy into a weigh-station where the departed make cases for whether they lived fearless lives, and after judgment, they move onto greener, more intelligent pastures or get reincarnated back to Earth. I'm not a fan of Meryl Streep, but she is angel bright as the fearless Julia.

There seems to be a hidden layer of stupidity in those who move on - like that their diet consists of dirt and worms, or the substitute lawyer who uses 43% of his brain but doesn't say a word in court to defend Daniel - but they're just sight gags that don't come to fruition.
December 31, 2012
hated this as a kid. saw it recently. amazing. albert brooks is great. bye
½ December 13, 2012
Albert Brooks gets creative and philosophical and the end result is cleverer, if not funnier, than "Lost in America."
December 7, 2012
Havent seen this ??? Maybe should get round to seeing.
December 1, 2012
My favorite movie. Great cast, great writing, and great score.
November 25, 2012
I've always found Albert Brooks films amusing. I really enjoyed this one.
November 22, 2012
Good and entertaining movie with an interesting view of the after life
November 10, 2012
Ugggghhhhhh :( Pretty much unwatchable pap.
½ November 5, 2012
Albert Brooks' dry humor doesn't take the humanity out of this movie. It's a very funny yet thought-provoking view of the afterlife. Great roles by Rip Torn & Meryl Streep.
October 19, 2012
This movie was very interesting...
October 1, 2012
I've always been fascinated by the concept of this movie. I don't know that I would want to see clips of my life.
September 1, 2012
My all-time favorite movie!
August 28, 2012
A wonderful comedy/love story... and it has Mr. Brooks in it to boot!
½ August 7, 2012
When all else fails...cheat. Is that the moral of this story or did I miss something?
July 3, 2012
Great movie. Holds up well. Albert Brooks can overact it, but Meryl kills it, if you'll pardon the pun.
June 26, 2012
A fun movie about one of the most sobering of topics--death. I'd like to watch this movie on my deathbed.
June 13, 2012
Love this movie, funny, smart and very well done. Really makes you think, what if this is true?
June 12, 2012
A wonderful comic fantasy, and my favorite Albert Brooks film (though I haven't seen MODERN ROMANCE yet).
May 20, 2012
Please God, when I have to defend my life let me have Lee Grant!