Definitely Divorcing Reviews

• Feb 21, 2016

This movie boasts a beautiful cast. We also know who these people are which is amazing for a low budget movie which typically invests in upcoming actors. The movie starts off with the lovely Malika Haqq's and Columbus Short's wedding. Here, it is discovered that her soon to be husband has been having numerous affairs. Within minutes, she takes him back after he confesses his undying love for her and so, she marries him. Now married and very aware that her husband is a chronic cheater, Haqq's character has no problems when she sees him flirting shamelessly with other women at a club. Is she invested in this marriage or not? The movie jumps from underdeveloped story to underdeveloped story. It desperately wants to include the other supporting characters in the movie but it doesn't know how. Why should we care about the other characters? All we know are the superficial other things about them. The movie is not short on gimmicks. We have: The beautiful forever alone girlfriend, the loud mouthed other friend, the career lady, and of course the weird foreigner. The random cousin with a random accent who may also be a serial killer. The movie's comedic moments definitely fall flat as nothing is so much funny as it is stupid. In the end, Malika's character does what she should have done in the first place -which would have saved me 2 hours- she leaves Short's character who is still an unrepentant sex addicted cheat. If you are looking for cheap snickers, look no further, I think you may have found, The One.