Delgo Reviews

• Sep 18, 2020

One of the most hotly debated bad movies as to just HOW bad it is, Delgo is definitely a really bad animated movie but you have to take into consideration the behind-the-scenes history. It's actually really interesting and it makes it rather sad to hear that the final product unfortunately wasn't very good. Delgo has its good qualities, believe it or not: the background animation is actually stunningly rendered, the voice actors do a surprisingly solid job, it tries to be a more serious animated movie rather than being a comedy and the action scenes aren't the best, compared to its higher-budget brethren, but they do come off with decent choreography for such a small budget. Then again, there has been an animated movie called Killer Bean Forever done on a budget that was cheaper than this movie which has really, really good action sequences, all done by one guy. But let's be honest, Delgo is still very, very bad. The character animation is stiff, the designs are horrifying, the plot reads like your basic fantasy story - all about execution - and the movie has its own personal Jar Jar Binks who's useless, barely contributes anything to the plot, has a grating voice, is despised even by people who like this movie and only exists to have the runtime just barely reach the 90-minute runtime that's expected from modern animated movies. It's kind-of disappointing that they didn't make this a 2D-animated movie, instead, seeing how interesting and decidedly less hideous, the end-credits concept art looked. This was independent, right? So, surely with enough convincing, Delgo could've been done in art style resembling the concept art? But alas, even though there is a good movie hiding somewhere in Delgo, what we unfortunately got was a cliched, predictable misfire whose most notable place in the history books is as one of the biggest animated box office flops of all time. Maybe I'll have thought more highly of it in an alternate reality where Delgo was critically acclaimed but in this reality? Sorry, guys, I admire your passions behind making this movie but it unfortunately failed to make an impact.

• Mar 05, 2020

Masterpiece. No more. Masterpiece. 10/10. Don't @ me

Masterpiece. No more. Masterpiece. 10/10. Don't @ me

• Feb 10, 2020

What's worse than the uncanny valley animation? The messy story and constant tonal shifts...

• Aug 18, 2018

Wow this one, this one is the movie I saw and thought "I want to go see more movies" I can't believe there wasn't a Delgo 2. This is almost as good as my favorite movie Antz, but it's close. I like when the older Delgo who looks like a modelling clay figure that a cat stepped on said "time to save 'Delgo' " and then hard music started playing. I promptly vomited after I saw that scene in theatres

• May 27, 2018

I thought the movie was great. I enjoyed watching it. I bought the blu ray. It was rated low because it lacked vulgar profane language and lewd sex scenes!

• Jul 10, 2017

There's more than one reason this is the lowest-grossing CGI film of all time. The characters are one-dimensional, the story is run-of-the-mill, and the animation style is just bizarre.

• Jun 12, 2017

Delgo deserves to be a financial disaster because of how it's such a horrible, horrible movie!

• Jul 25, 2013

I've enjoyed watching alot of amateur short films from animation major graduates and the like on youtube, and I must say that the feeling I got from this whole movie was like a very long amateur film! There were alot of mistakes that are common with unexperienced animators' movies, like flow of the story or abdrupt scene changes. The style of the animation also adds to this impression. If this movie would have been made by a group of newly graduated animators then it's really really good. And it feels like it might have been. But if it is, and I fear it is, made by a real professional studio then it's a big fail. It's way too violent for children, too childish for anyone older and the way the movie is animated just won't catch anyone there to see some eye candy either...

• Mar 17, 2013

Delgo is a little misguided. It's extremely violent so it's clearly not for the younguns but it's very juvenile with silly comedic moments so even kids who are 8-12 might be dissuaded. The plot is nothing new with elements of Romeo and Juliet smashing through to the forefront. If it weren't for the creative setting and interesting character design, Delgo would probably feel flat rather than the magical world it is set in. But the film is a tale of love, heroism, war and politics that is deserving of a watch. Give it a once over at least if you have kids in the 10-12 year bracket. While the message in the film is a good one and delivering it to kids is a good thing, I'm not sure many of them will find enough interest in the film to watch it to it's conclusion.

• Jan 02, 2013

would every bad critic give everyone who had a say in delgo just leave them alone! Yes it is one of my favorite movies (yes people that had to do with delgo including the guy who played as elder marley (may you rest in peace), there are people no matter how few actually love and i mean love this movie)! And what i think makes no sense what so ever is that people say its 2-D! Do they even know what to 2-D is?! Let me tell them, 2-d is when the characters are paper thin and they don't have any sides only a front and a back. In delgo, when people turn they are NOT paper thin!!!!! So give them a break on that! Do I think that they should have done some things differently? Yes I do but I don't go screaming at them saying how terrible it was because of it! I watched the movie with the directors explaining everything and they said they cut a few scenes down a little bit. Yes I would have liked being able to see Zahn and the shoulder try to put up a fight before we just see Zahn tied up. Also I for one think that the Queen was one of the best designed characters! I love all the color of her outfit, her hair and just everything about her. Also I think she should have had more screen time and actually talk instead of just gasping when Sedesa kills her. Its also such a sham about the guy who played as elder marley! I mean its a sham for anyone to go like that but a 55 year old?! I thought it was awesome how much marley looked like him! I think my favorite scene was when Delgo and Kyla escaped Sedesa's castle through those huge beautiful glass doors. I mean anyone who complains about the animation, its hard (well for me at least) to even not smile almost every time i look at them. I know this is a shocker to hundreds of people (especially reviewing this movie) but I want there to be a second one!