Delhi Safari - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Delhi Safari Reviews

April 13, 2016
The animated movement of the mouths wouldn't synchronize with the dialogue sometimes, causing confusion. The plot wasn't original and would often refer to Disney/Pixar movies.
June 18, 2015
First of all, don't ask. Just don't. Where do we begin with this review? I'd like to think that I am not an unreasonable man. I know that many CG animated films made by anyone other than the big companies, from Pixar to Dreamworks, particularly from other countries, are simply not gonna have the necessary resources to compete from the standpoint of top-notch animation. It's not that their artists aren't talented, it's just that they don't have enough money to create high quality characters. With that said, the animation in this film still isn't very good. That's taken everything into consideration. It's bland and stiff. There's just no other way to look at it, even giving them the benefit of the doubt that they did not have a huge budget. Not having a budget is much more of a detriment to this type of CG film than it probably is to any other genre, even horror. But if the film provides an entertaining end-product then who cares if their animation is substandard. That would be a correct statement. Which is why it pains me to say that the film isn't really very good, or funny, either. The only reason it's getting one star is because there are a couple of scenes that made me chuckle and there's also a whole lot more adult content than one would come to expect from this type of film. Yet that is not simply enough to save this from coming across more like a PETA/environmentally friendly propaganda piece. And this is coming from someone who supports both causes, even if PETA complains about some really ridiculous things instead of focusing on the real cases of animal abuse. I do believe we have to take care of our planet. Some people don't seem to care about being environmentally friendly because, the way they see it, as long as it doesn't affect them in their lifetime then it doesn't matter. Which is an unbelievably selfish mindset. Never mind the fact that their children's children's children's and so on and so forth will inherit a world that we fucked up for them. So I'm down with being green and kind to animals, but the way this movie goes about it is the most heavy-handed and preachy manner possible to the point that it becomes a mockery of itself. The good points it does make are drowned out in forcing a message down people's throats in as careless a manner as possible. I get why they did it, but it does not make a good movie. Even without that, it's not like the film was any good. It's just poorly written on all levels. Even the songs don't work. It's so bad that the sometimes the actors struggle to make the lyrics work within the rhythm of the music. That's low-level stuff. Like I said, the only reason it gets one star is because it got some chuckles out of me. Other than that, there's literally nothing that this film does right. I don't think even kids will like it. I mean they may be amused by parts of it, but I don't think they'd like it. Fairly terrible animated movie all things considered.
April 8, 2015
This animation is pretty cool. The colours in this film are great.
February 26, 2014
Nice message about environmental issues but the storyline is pretty flat
½ February 12, 2014
Loved the animation with all the bollywood spin to it. People who enjoy Bollywood movies and animations should definitely watch this one!
January 17, 2014
Looked like a sweet girls movie on NETFLIX FOR KIDS, my 5-year-old
picked to watch. Movie started off with a standard musical song from
cheetah family.

Suddenly, a mature tree flies through the air as though King Kong
hurled it. Forest shakes with terrifying animal sounds. Then a
menacing mechanical digger with 2 digging arms chases and thrashes at
them. It drives the terrified aminal family into a gully. The mother & child cheetah flee separately in an extended terrifying chase scene.

Father Cheetah desperately throws baby cheetah to safety when mother and baby are surrounded my many monster de-foresters (?).

Inexplicably a rifle appears, is loaded. Father leaps and is shot in
chest/neck/between eyes (?) by killer. I think that was 10 minutes in.

That is when we turned it off. Netflix really deliver some horrifying
fare for children and adults from around the world. That is why they
cannot be trusted. It's a real shame.
January 8, 2014
PETA backed (so you know it is going to be unbiased, wink, wink) Delhi Safari is better than most foreign animation trying to capture the magic of Pixar and Dreamworks but the lack of good writing really hampers Delhi Safari. Where jokes could have been extended they quickly ended to disappointing results. Delhi Safari isn't one to look for.
December 7, 2013
Didn't like this film that much. The animation's okay but it just rips off other good movies and why do all these crappy animated features need all star casts?
½ August 18, 2013
Amma ki pur josh fermaish per..
August 17, 2013
Ret meget LÝvernes Konge over det her, men det var okay. Den var ... Noget mere weird end bare en klon af LÝvernes Konge, det var faktisk en ok film! Liiiiiiiidt for meget sang, men jeg hader alt sang i film, derudover cool shit!
July 11, 2013
movie was horrible. my kid started crying from the ratchet music
July 10, 2013
In a lot of way a blatant ripoff of the Lion King in design, especially the hyenas, and the bear was stolen from something as well. Be prepared for a major environmental story as well, which I didn't mind as much, but other opinions may vary. The resolution was way to quick as well, once the message was delivered I guess the writers saw no need to continue.
½ July 1, 2013
For a race that is good with computers, bollywood has crappy animation and we are way behind Hollywood or Japanese cinema. But that is something i already counted on when I walked into Delhi Safari. This film tackles the global warming problem and the extinction problem, something that we already know and Indian animation industry is really obsessed with mythology and environment. The cast is good and Govinda is amazing here but all Delhi Safari can be is a good film to show at schools.
June 27, 2013
How the hell do people with money make a movie like this woowww horrible
June 8, 2013
its a nice movie n I think the kids will love it too
May 25, 2013
Waste of a dollar on RB!
May 17, 2013
Such a terrible movie. Not worth wasting time. Definitely does not send a good message to children. I rented this movie from Redbox and watched first ten minutes then turned it off and reimbursed for it. It was that terrible. I've rarely ever said a movie isn't worth anyone's time but this was just a waste of money to make. Such a shame because of good actors who did the voices. It was a rip off of many movies, poorly done.
May 11, 2013
Poor dialog, bad editing, and awful songs should be added to the comments about subpar animation. This may have been better in the original Hindi but it's weird and lacklustre in English.
May 11, 2013
I can't even rate this movie. Forgettable and derivative put it mildly, but aside from that, it's completely inappropriate for kids. I had to spend 10 minutes explaining why the parrot was filming his human captor seduce a woman in a video titled "Casting Couch 69". Really?
May 4, 2013
Horrible message for kids...just turned it off. My 5 yr. old didn't mind. Which is saying something