Deliver Us from Evil Reviews

• Mar 06, 2019

these priests shouldnt be priests. they should be in jail

these priests shouldnt be priests. they should be in jail

• Nov 26, 2018

A cut and dry case against the church and its priests re pedophilia. The part that bothers me the most is how strongly the church advocates against gay people and gay relationships but are ok with priests molesting young boys. This is a pressing issue and as long as it continues, a spotlight should be cast upon it. Why would it stop though? None of the priests are held accountable for their actions.

• Feb 26, 2018

Makes me wonder just how far reaching and how many people have had to have been in full co-operation to these abuses. And their responses then are the same as they were to our royal commission (Australia)..."We don't care. We aren't changing" A simply made and shot documentary whose contents speak for themselves.

• Nov 15, 2017

A very powerful film that people need to watch.

A very powerful film that people need to watch.

• Aug 27, 2016

This is the movie to see if you wondered about the background of the "based on real events" movie "Spotlight". Focusing on a particular priest, Oliver O'Grady, who confessed to molesting both boys and girls, filmmaker Amy Berg examines the effects of his actions by showing us the lives of three of his victims and their families. There is also information about the church hierarchy and its handling of the case, and the evolution of celibacy over time. Not for the faint of heart, but perhaps cathartic for abuse victims and lapsed Catholics.

• Jul 06, 2016

(2.5 stars) A documentary delving into the now known sins of the Catholic Church. Definitely informs us to a greater extent of the sinister details than 'Spotlight' and it adequately identifies the individuals in the church who participated in the outrageous cover-up. However I found the structure and presentation bland and it's focus on one paedophile priest in particular somewhat obscured the large scope of the scandal.

• May 22, 2016

The testimony of the victims will break all but the hardest of hearts, and the victims include the families of those who were directly abused. The agony of knowing what O'Grady and the likes of him did to children is shown in the faces and the words of those families whose lives have been torn apart by this horror. This film, in my opinion, is far more powerful than the one that won accolades at the recent Oscars, because it talks directly to those involved. I will never forget Mr Jyongo and his pain on knowing what O'Grady did to his daughter. The fact that O'Grady is a free man now, in Ireland, is nothing short of a national disgrace - for that country, for the Catholic Church, and for all of us who fail to speak out and support those fighting against abuse. As painful as it is to watch, everyone should see this film, and then go and do something.

• Apr 18, 2016

One of the most powerful documentaries that I've ever seen- 'Deliver Us From Evil' is up there with the greats from the likes of Herzog and Morris. Amy Berg delivers something unforgettable here. Anger, shock, horror, fear - all just some of the feelings that this movie will put you through. The involvement of O'Grady in the film takes it to new, nauseating, levels and yet it still seems to avoid becoming overly-sensationalised. This is the story of a 'monster' and, as always, that monster is really a human being and that's the scariest thing of all.

• Feb 29, 2016

Wow...this was a hard watch, but one that must be watched. An extremely powerful film that will break your heart and sicken your soul.

• Feb 12, 2016

Very great documentary that sheds light on corruption and deception. But a bit slow at times