Delta Force 3: The Killing Game (1991)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Delta Force 3: The Killing Game Videos

Delta Force 3: The Killing Game Photos

Movie Info

In this actioner, a Middle-Eastern leader is threatening to detonate a nuclear bomb that he has planted in Miami and now a crack team of American and Russian soldiers must somehow stop him. This entry in the series is the first made without its original star, Chuck Norris.
Rating:

Albert Illouz
as Achmed
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Delta Force 3: The Killing Game

There are no critic reviews yet for Delta Force 3: The Killing Game. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Delta Force 3: The Killing Game

I remember when I first heard about Delta Force 3, I remember thinking "How the fuck can Cannon make a Delta Force sequel without Chuck Norris!" The cover art only portrayed a group of second generation actors that were either children of siblings to famous Hollywood folk. Curiously got the best of me so of course I bought it but my original inclination was right, Norris is SORELY missed. The plot is completely uninteresting as we are introduced to our new Delta Force team as they prepare to head into the middle east to wipe out a terrorist threat that is sending human bombs to America. It's the same basic plotline to a thousand other B-action films. The film might have been somewhat likable if Norris returned (notoriously he turned it down due to a near fatal helicopter crash on the set of Delta Force 2) but Cannon forged on to complete their Delta force trilogy with their hype young cast (resulting in the cheesy tagline "Younger and tougher... because they have to be). As expected the new Delta Force can't make up for his absence. Norris has a charm to him that none of our new cast, no matter how many of them you add, can make up for. Norris's son, Mike Norris, does make an appearance here. So does Sean Penn's brother Matthew Penn, John Cassavete's son Nick Cassavetes, and Michael Douglas's son Eric Douglas. They of course don't hold a candle to their more famous relatives. Delta Force 3 really shows Cannon as a shadow of their former selves. They use to make B-action films that were highly entertaining now they are reduced to making direct-to-video drivel that insults their B-action franchises. The production values are low, the acting is bad, the plot is forgettable. All this was directed by Sam Firstenberg, the same guy that gave us the grand Cannon efforts as American Ninja 1 & 2 as well as Revenge of the Ninja. Shame on you Firstenberg for not bringing that same magic to Delta Force 3. It desperately need that B-action magic... as well as Norris, Chuck Norris that is. Bonus Rant: Like the Delta Force 2, the filmmakers also had some issues with the subtitle here. All in carnations on home video had the simple title "Delta Force 3" on the cover artwork but the film itself always portrayed the "Delta Force 3: The Killing Game." Come on guys, make up your mind! Subtitle or no subtitle!

Eric Reifschneider
Eric Reifschneider

AS it turns out, the terrorist was a nut meanwhile their fearless leader is a coward bent on wanting to save his own butt. Badly written and cheesly creamy, Delta Force 3 is a bad film that you'll never see. Now, start breathing, we can all move on.

Jose Montoya
Jose Montoya

This is another great movie A nightmare comes true: a terrorist fanatic plants an atomic bomb in an American city and holds the nation hostage. The President has only one card to play: the Delta Force. Tension and action coil ev...( read more read more... )er tighter in this blistering new installment of one of the best action movie series ever. Featuring the sons and/or brothers of Hollywood's top screen heroes (including Nick Cassavetes, who subsequently directed John Q and The Notebook), a new generation of commandos faces awesome odds at home and abroad. Two Russians, including a beautiful female intelligence officer, join the team. The clock ticks ruthlessly as madmen grasp for power. Be there for the final takedown!

Alan W.
Alan W.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Delta Force 3: The Killing Game on our Movie forum!

News & Features