Delta of Venus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Delta of Venus Reviews

September 15, 2016
SNORE!! It's basically the Fifty Shades of Gray (I'm assuming at least; never saw it, never read it) and Eyes Wide Shut of the early 1990's, set in the 1940's. There's not much of a story, and it's very predictable.
April 15, 2014
Wow, um... Alarming. To say the least. But when it wasn't just the two main characters doinking, it was good. But a warning, the end will make you cry.
And Costas Mandylor is dangerously sexy.
I don't understand why this film has such a low critic rating.

Acting: 3/5 (Apart from Costas which is 5/5)
Score & Soundtrack: 4/5
Plot: 3/5
Character Development: 4/5
Over All: 3/5. (Good/O.K)
July 25, 2012
I haven't read Anais Nin's book that this movie is based on but I can tell that this movie butchered the shit out of that book.
½ February 16, 2011
A film that tried so hard to be deep, yet seemed shallow throughout.
December 7, 2010
Wow! Everyone hates this film, lol. I guess you have to be an Anais Nin fan to appreciate it.
October 18, 2010
The only redeeming quality is the gorgeous manner in which Paris is photographed.
September 28, 2010
Strangely erotic, but great storyline.
September 20, 2010
I don't have enogh star to rate it. king knows how to use women's beauty and sensuality in his work. 2 thumbs up for him.
½ June 20, 2010
interesting; yet weak. i hate the mopey voice of the lead actress - it sounds like she is constantly depressed [maybe she was?]

at least there was a bit of a story behind this movie; but not substantial enough to inspire me.
August 7, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
½ June 11, 2009
Makes me wonder why people do what they do when they know it will only cause problems.
May 20, 2009
how else do young women come into themselves and awaken as sexual beings unless its at the hands of an older man. i would have liked it more if it was a silent picture, but sex does sell. i have read other works by A.N and im sure the book is much better than the movie.
½ April 12, 2009
A struggling writer learns new creative ways of expression in her work through new experiences of pleasure, during the violent times of World War II's Paris.
March 29, 2009
Insipid, cloying, saccharine. If you like Anais Nin's stories then do yourself a favor and skip this film for Henry and June instead. This film is just Jane Austin with a bunch of sex thrown in.
August 28, 2008
An "erotica" movie. It's a little sexy, but kind of lame at the same time.
March 27, 2008
if you like hearing erotica and seeing it would be a good one.
March 17, 2008
Erotica or over the top drama? I was under the misunderstanding this movie was about Nin's life - not her stories.
½ March 10, 2008
So cheesy and terrible. The poster art is cute, and the gloves are a nice touch. Oh well.
½ February 28, 2008
Hot and steamy movie, love it.