Demon Reviews

• Oct 09, 2019

Amazing movie. I was positively creeped out by the premise and the realism of the storytelling. I did feel somewhat unresolved by the ending, but it still kept me very engaged the whole time. Happy Halloween!

• Oct 05, 2019

Polish Horror movie. A guy working in England comes to the rural Poland to marry a Polish woman he met over internet. Right before the big day, he discovers something eerie in their backyard, that takes back us to pre-WWII polish occupied jewish territory. The movie is more depressing with the fact that director killed himself soon after making it, during the second premier.

• Nov 05, 2018

I said it before and I will again: I don't like horror movies. Was this an horror though? I am not sure, and that I like. I like when I cannot put labels on it. What I am sure of, is that "Demon" is beautifully shot and therefore a pleasure to look at. I was sure that the ending was going to make or destroy the film, but it turned out to be too puzzling to do so, and that, at least for me, is not a bad thing either.

• Dec 09, 2017

The shittiest piece of crap that I've ever wasted my time on.

The shittiest piece of crap that I've ever wasted my time on.

• Nov 17, 2017

Polish weddings are just the right amount of disturbing to make a great horror out of. I'm more than sad that we'll never see anything like this from Marcin Wrona ever again. The movie is more than worth a watch despite many of its flaws.

• Nov 01, 2017

nice balance of comedy and weirdness

nice balance of comedy and weirdness

• Oct 31, 2017

Certainly different, and doesn't hold the pace straight through to the end, but has some interesting things to say.

• Oct 11, 2017

A couple really good performances and flashes of brilliance from a gifted director, but it's just sad and kind of boring. Also, I'm not sure what you'd call this - art house gothic? - but it is NOT a horror movie.

• Sep 28, 2017

A breathtaking film about the relationship between the past and the present; the physical and the supernatural.

• Sep 11, 2017

Beautifully shot and scored, a classic horror tale with modern styling. Worth the watch.