Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street Reviews

July 12, 2009
I like the Tim Burton one...
July 12, 2009
Versión pionera sobre el musical inspirador.
½ June 7, 2009
un alt gen de musical
June 1, 2009
Esta buena la Película, A lo Tim Burton, Muy buena Fotografía, buena Musicalización. No me gusto tanto el Final. Los chorros de sangre que salen son increibles. hasta me generaban risa. se puede ver.
May 25, 2009
Tod Slaughter is an excellent name.
½ April 23, 2009
eh...it was alright. i thought that the title meant that the barber was literally a demon, so i was looking forward to it...then i found out that he wasn't a demon at all...just a murderer. it disappointed me. but, it wasn't awful...tod slaughter's crazy laughter is enough to make this film worth a watch. everything else is fairly decent, too. just a shame there's no demons running around...that'd be awesome.
April 8, 2009
good movie but gross
April 7, 2009
I know that this film is only 65 minutes long but the time just flew by. Not really scary by today's standard's but I can imagine it raised a few eyebrows when it was first released.
½ April 3, 2009
- nice horror movie!
- it really scares me!! =]
January 14, 2009
loved the Johnny Depp version!!!
January 4, 2009
Melodramatic musical with Johny Depp ... Like the way its shot, Depp's acting is great as awlays... but I guess I'm just not into musicals... worth a watch though...
½ December 26, 2008
I was dissapointed with this low quality, boring movie.
December 13, 2008
Tod Slaughter is Brilliant in this 1936 movie of Sweeney Todd. One can tell he really enjoyed his role as Barber Todd.

I would recommend watching this version.
December 10, 2008
boo erns johnny depp is way better
½ November 24, 2008
This is actually a triffle compared to Tim Burton's wondrous big-budget version.
½ November 22, 2008
Tod Slaughter's acting is gloriously melodramatic; a real taste of the Victorian blood and thunder. It is all rather ropey rigmarole, of course, lacking the depth invested by Sondheim and Burton; but, ripsnorting fun nonetheless.
November 19, 2008
anything for sweeney todd
October 31, 2008
Tout simplement mauvais.
September 10, 2008
again. NoJohnny Depp= no care
September 9, 2008
Here on Flixster there's a side bar on rating pages that give you a thumbs up or down to see if you think a film is similar to another. This is one of the early versions of the newly approached dark musical by Tim Burton. Completely different worlds. I'm sure in its day the audiences reacted with screams and jeers... the modern world has jaded us. We are exposed to SO much more on the daily news, sooooo... NO they are night & day, but it's always a good idea to see where we came from. A reminder of our beginnings.