Demonic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Demonic Reviews

½ May 31, 2016
Really wish I knew this movie was, in part, a found footage film. I never would have wanted to see it then.
May 15, 2016
Watch it, great twist at the end.
½ February 22, 2016
Maria Bello classes up an average ghost thriller just enough to make it watchable. 5/10
January 9, 2016
The acting could've been better but this was a well made, manipulative little horror movie
December 16, 2015
This film was cliched and up to its neck in false jump scares. Not worth anyone's time, not even for the most committed horror fan.
½ November 19, 2015
I don't know... kept falling asleep during.
½ November 12, 2015
A police officer and a psychologist track down the cause of the deaths of a group of college students, as we witness how history repeats itself where the victims are caught in a similar fate with a previous group brutally murdered in the same house during an attempt to summon the spirits.
With the story told in two interlacing plots, the audience is treated to a double-genre approach; where the truth of the murders are revealed slowly by the investigation-interrogation (detective-like) efforts taking place after the incident, and the flashbacks of victims haunted by unknown presence during the incident (horror). This gives the 86-mins horror flick a rather intriguing appeal, suspense with a few good jump-scares.
Produced by acclaimed Malaysian-born director James Wan, who gave us notable works like Saw, The Conjuring and Insidious; Demonic is a decent attempt by newcomer Will Canon in directing. It is one of the very few horror films which has an adequate ending. A twist is there, with the knots untied in a way which does not annoy like many failed horror flicks do
September 17, 2015
Remove James Wan name from this predictable film.
½ September 14, 2015
A fun but flawed film of missed opportunities
September 11, 2015
first horror genre film that more than once or twice had me like fuck nearly shat myself. usual storyline though done before but highly enjoyable movie. far better than i expected from it.
½ August 23, 2015
Actually not bad haunted house/ghost horror flick, gave me one decent jump-scare and that was more than I was hoping for.
½ August 20, 2015
Despite some good elements and creepy scenery, Demonic feels too generic to stand on it's own.
½ August 14, 2015
5.5/10
The preview of this movie looked actually good, and so that was the reason I decided to watch this movie, and although that was a long time ago because I completely had forgotten about this movie. But still the movie had some good jump scares that really freaked me out, but the narrative and the story were kind of very a let down. The story was all over the place and the way the jumped from the present to the recordings, it just felt odd. While the story was kind of predictable, and close to the end when it suddenly became interestingly creepy, the ending was just bad. That being said, I was disappointed even though it did scare me a few times, and even with some recognizable actors, the story was the death of this movie.
~August 13, 2015~
July 31, 2015
The movie has a simple plot and a few jump scares. The way the story was explained kept me captivated. Overall, it's an average horror movie and a decent crime thriller. If you're hanging out with some friends that wants to watch scary stuff but they're new to it, this movie is the right movie; A beginner's horror movie.
July 25, 2015
Wrong synopsis and picture, but the cast is right. Nothing new here and confused me a little at the end, but it was an okay watch.
July 6, 2015
Total rubish. Story about a group of young adults investigate a house where a series of crimes occured 25 years ago, and only one survive. They all are dead, and a detective starts to investigate the case. Totally porevisible plot, bad actings, the scenes don't scare anyone, horrible effects. One of the worst terror movies of the year. 3 /10

Obs: the cover and description here in RT is wrong. they are from other movie.
½ June 21, 2015
This is more of a mystery movie than horror.... plot holes abound and you will find yourself cursing as the teenagers make stupid mistakes, but it has a few nice scary scenes...
½ June 13, 2015
Really Boring...the whole movie I was just rolling my eyes irritated by when this film was going to end.
June 7, 2015
Amazing,creepy and atmosperic.I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
½ May 31, 2015
For some reason the "Movie Info" section of this movie and the poster on Rotten Tomatoes are for a completely different movie.