Demonic Toys 2 Reviews

• Anthony L Super Reviewer
    Jul 27, 2017

• Jan 05, 2017

I'm a sucker for Charles Band's cheapie horror and science fiction Full Moon Features. The original "Demonic Toys" film came out way back in 1992 and was already kind of a rip off of Band's own Puppet Master series. This film has a group of collectors finding themselves in a castle with the titular toys and having to survive. There weren't any actors in this film that I'd heard of before except for Jane Wiedlin of the Go-Gos providing the voice for Baby Whoopsie. Full Moon's regular in-house composer Richard Band co-composed a solid score for the film, but overall there isn't anything all that special about this film, but its still a Full Moon Feature which is enough to make it watchable for me.

• Sep 19, 2015

Absolutely awful. So cheesy with not the slightest scare or a modicum of humor. Fast forwarded through most of it and even that was a waste of time.

• Aug 19, 2015

Ehhh.. Did kinda Scared me just a little but the rest of the film was awful! My mom said,"Worst movie since Chucky". And.. I agreed

• Apr 15, 2015

The 2 toys that were utilized in previous films weren't nearly as utilized here. There is an extra long seance in the middle of the film that throws the rest of it off and begins to be more about possession than demonic toys. The characters are cheap, the acting is just as bad as its predecessors and I hope this franchise is laid to rest.

• Apr 19, 2014

The cursing, insulting toys idea in films has overstayed it's welcome, unless done right. It was not done right. Any jump scare that hits you in this movie is surely ruined by the novice special effects. The location where it was filmed was pretty interesting to see? Not gonna hold my interest though. -oreo

• Jun 13, 2013

• Jan 11, 2013

First one was more fun. This feels like they wrote the script after watching a Saturday morning Scooby Doo marathon, complete with the lead character sounding like a poor man's Dracula. The toys are funny though

• Dec 09, 2012

Better than the original but has some bad acting!

Better than the original but has some bad acting!

• Sep 22, 2012

After being repaired, two of the toys end up in the hands of a collector as he travels the globe. When they arrive they arrive at an Italian castle, all hell literally breaks loose. I do like films with possessed toys in them, but even with my love of the genre, I found it hard to really enjoy this movie. The story is very weak indeed, and there is no real explanation to how and why the toys return, and the rest of the story blunders along until it reaches the 'blink and you'll miss it' ending. The very small cast of characters are all particularly tasteless, and it is a bit of light relief when they are killed. The doll designs are ok, but they do begin to resemble Chucky's looks from his later movies. The special effects are mix of adequate and cheesy as the movie relies on a lot of CGI gore, and it all looks quite false. In the end this movie is no where as good as it's predecessor, and though it is nice to see the toys return, there are plenty of other movies out there you can watch instead of this one.