Demons 2: The Nightmare Returns Reviews

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Dec 18, 2019

Anyone who was hoping for a follow-up to 1985's Demons is gonna be sorely disappointed. What Demons 2 actually is, is Demons again, but in a different location. While they were busy repeating everything that the first movie did again, at least they remembered to copy the drug-taking punk kids in the car outside too, 'cause that was my favourite group in the first film, and now I get them twice.

• Oct 14, 2019

I was thoroughly disappointed with this film. Demons 2 offers nothing new to the Demons universe, and I'm honestly shocked that the tomatometer is the same for the 1st one (as I'm writing this review). Besides the change in location and characters, watching Demons 2 feels like I'm watching the 1st one all over again.

• Oct 05, 2019

Although the concept was good. The execution was not. Make up effects were great for production values however the points or rather stars go mainly to the retro gore factor. Fun with effects that you talk about whilst watching

• Sep 12, 2018

Hilarious and just as campy and gruesome as its predecessor!

Hilarious and just as campy and gruesome as its predecessor!

• Jul 28, 2018

A must see if you enjoyed the original!

A must see if you enjoyed the original!

• Aug 24, 2017

Not the same gem as the first

Not the same gem as the first

• Jul 23, 2016

This is incredibly stupid and cheesy and the story is absolutely pointless but its too much 80's fun to be dismissed. Wich also implies its sexist to no end, all the women are basically children and all the men thinks they are Rambo, and theres this way of being rude and obnoxious that would make anyone in 2016 shudder. So funny if you can put up with so much crap.

• May 28, 2016

Pale sequel to the original, but with some great tense scenes, and gore (most notably the dog). Still good fun, but really lacking the charm of the original.

• Apr 28, 2016

Sure the demons are pretty much zombies, but who cares. The acting is meh, the story is non-existent, but the movie is just so over the top that you can't help but like it.

• Jan 13, 2016

Demons 2 is an amazing horror film, the demons are really scary looking creatures, they don't want to eat you, they just want to infect you with the demon curse by slashing you or biting you, one of my fav horrors of all time.