Denied Reviews

• Mar 12, 2017

A very seductive film. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days afterwards. Production values are terrible with murky scenes and unintelligible dialog. It should come with subtitles. But it's the story that grabs you and wont let go. I identified with Troy but suffered with Merrick. I would have given Merrick more time. I interpret the last scene as Troy holding out hope for Merrick and I like to think that Merrick will soon rescue the relationship. I would have added a final scene with Merrick buying a bus ticket to Toronto.

• Feb 24, 2011

Has the poor acting and camera work of many gay films... and yeah... not great. I was not at all interested in the characters. I stopped before watching the ending; maybe I will and maybe I won't...

• Feb 02, 2011

liked this movie alot.

liked this movie alot.

• Thomas J Super Reviewer
    Jul 31, 2010

This must have been some high schools kids film project at a school with an uninterested teacher. Lee Rumohr gives a decent performance in this tragic movie or maybe just compared to the other HORRIBLE acting, poor lighting, BAD sound, inexperienced editing - it was easy for him to shine a little. The actress Sarah must have attended the Tori Spelling school of bad acting for gay films. The story buried in this mess of a film is at best an after school special - the college years!! lol But in this story there are things a lot can identify with, but 30 minutes could have easily conveyed this story. A gay with a video camera does not equal a film maker. Bless whoever actually paid money for this movie in production or in viewing it.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    May 18, 2010

A movie with the germ of an interesting idea that is defeated by its execution. Ponderous direction and overall lifeless performances sink what could have been in more capable hands entertaining.

• May 06, 2010

Simply one of the poorest movies ever made. I made it through 35 minutes and threw in the towel. I read enough summaries and reviews to know that it might be a realistic plot but it was horribly put together so it did not matter. Perhaps with a different budget and director the movie would garner 1 star. I felt like I was watching a first year film student's attempt at being artistic and he/she miserably failed. The lighting is beyond poor. I was so bored I counted the minutes until the first scene where the lighting was sufficient to recognize character faces (22 minutes). The sound editing is just bizarre with random scenes with no sound and then bizarre sound effects thrown in for god knows what reason. Sound levels are all over the place and most of the dialogue is inaudible. If I could give it a negative star I would.

• May 03, 2010

not the best camera work / acting but the story hits home to alot of people... depressing as hell..... i'm not sorry for saying i love you i'm sorry for thinking you could ever love me back.. kinda sort of deal.... props to Lee Rhumohr

• Mar 06, 2009

This movie denied me 1.5 hours of my life. The first 50 minutes were excrutiating. I was hoping it would end with a flood, washing away all the characters & giving me some satisfaction but it didn't, alas!

• Nov 23, 2008

Boring story, with sub par acting and a cheap production. The writing is tedious and the characters are not very involving. The cover sure looked a lot more interesting.

• Sep 09, 2008

This movie was definitely denied a budget. I think I spent more at Hy-Vee on Monday.