The Dentist 2: Brace Yourself - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dentist 2: Brace Yourself Reviews

May 30, 2015
I kinda enjoyed the first Dentist so might give this a shot.
January 19, 2015
Well, I could write a review, but it's basically the same movie all over again and I didn't even like the first one. The only difference is there are less kills and this one is really slow at times. But if you liked the first one, you'll like this. If you hated the first one, you'll hate this. About what I expected.
November 11, 2014
It's pretty intense. The plot horrible. The music annoying. The violence, mostly graphic and intense. The deaths all the same as the original, long and dreadful. The horror, a homage to The Shining and the early Halloween films. The dialogue, God awful but hillarious.
½ January 16, 2014
EL DENTISTA 2 - BARBARO
½ February 12, 2013
Once again, Corbin Bernsen gives it his all with his portrayal of Lawrence Caine in "The Dentist 2". Sadly, he's one of the few things that stand out in this standard Tri-Star flick (I should state that I am a huge fan of their horror flicks). Aside from Bernsen, the cinematography, and some interesting visuals (the poster is the most haunting thing), this is somewhat forgettable. A lukewarm experience, but worth a rental.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ September 23, 2012
Disappointing sequel to an average Slasher, The Dentist 2: Brace Yourself is essentially the same film, and watching this film, you realize that a sequel to The Dentist was unnecessary. This film fails at being an entertaining and fun film; instead it becomes a tiresome and boring picture that just offer anything new or interesting. The script's writing is poor and there is redeeming aspect. In the end, this is a film where we've seen it all before. The gore effects of the first were great and disturbing, here they still are, but it becomes less shocking as everything that is presented on-screen is very predictable. The film is ridiculous and laughable. As the first film had a pretty terrifying thing going on, this second offering really goes against what the previous film established and plays out more like a comedy horror film. The dialogue is poorly written and there's so many cringe worthy lines. Stick with the first film, and don't bother watching this tiresome, clichéd film that just uses its gore effects to try and shock you, instead of being a terrifying horror going experience. Overall, this is a sloppy sequel to a good little low-budget Slasher. There's nothing here to really enjoy, although it may appeal to the most diehard fan of the original. I, on the other hand, really can't recommend this film as I found it to be a missed opportunity to create an effective sequel to a good film. If you liked the first, don't bother with this, as it's just an over the top version of The Dentist. Everything here just fails to thrill.
September 3, 2012
Not better than the first, but a worthy sequel....there are scenes that make you laugh and dentist torture scenes that will make you cringe..... Corbin Bernsen is great as the dentist and delivers a lot of good lines...... if you liked the first one and can take watching close-ups of teeth being either drilled or yanked out, you should enjoy this sequel....
½ May 26, 2012
It's got more gore than the first outing, but it's pretty much the same movie. And not a very good one. But hey, what are you expecting from a movie where Corbin Bernsen plays a homicidal dentist?
February 18, 2012
Just as bad as the original. A pile of horse crap.
May 20, 2011
Az elsĹ' rĂ (C)sz kimondottan jĂłl sikerĂ 1/4lt, pláne ha figyelembe vesszĂ 1/4k a 90-s Ă (C)vek Ă (C)vek közepĂ (C)n a horror felhozatalt. A folytatás egyedĂ 1/4l a (fog)gore jelenetek számában mĂşlja felĂ 1/4l az elsĹ't, minden más tekintetben egy igazi mocsok. Brian Yuzna kĂ (C)ptelen összehozni egy koherens törtĂ (C)netet, egymást követik a logikátlan, fárasztĂł esemĂ (C)nyek ezzel pedig minden feszĂ 1/4ltsĂ (C)get a nullára redukál. Ami miatt nem nĂ (C)zhetetlen, az a doktor Ăşr hallucináciĂłs jeleneteinek (az elsĹ' rĂ (C)sz egyik legnagyobb erĂ (C)nye) Ă (C)s nĂ (C)hány a szĂ­vemnek oly kedves mellĂ (C)kszereplĹ' feltűnĂ (C)sĂ (C)nek köszönhetĹ'.
February 7, 2011
The Dentist is a movie that should never have had a sequel. It's a stupid, but entertaining idea, but really only works once. The Dentist 2 Brace Yourself (haha...) is more of the same shit so what's the point? If you like a little cheese with your gore, give it a look, just know what you're getting into. :I
4/10 (Poor)
August 29, 2010
It's somehow worse than the first one. This time, the story is unrealistic and the disturbing qualities are worse than ever.
August 26, 2010
The twisted dentist Dr. Caine (Corbin Bernsen) has escaped from the mental hospital and taken on a new identity in a small town called Paradise. Of course with his new identity he soon opens up a new practice for new victims. While I think Corbin Bernsen does a good job playing this homicidal madman, the main problem with the sequel to "The Dentist" is that it is pretty boring and lacks suspense most of the time. Only worth checking out if you really liked the first one.
July 21, 2010
Channel your inner Jack !! I loved it... wacky dentist is back! * open wide!!* Corbin Bernsen will always be the crazy dentist to me!! \m/ it's a must see!!
April 18, 2010
Not as good as the first one but the tooth torture scenes were almost unbearable... in other words GREAT!!!!
CrankyBeast
November 17, 2009
And you wonder why I hate dentists :<
½ September 21, 2009
10 ans que je veux le voir et quand même satisfait, c pas un chef-d'oeuvre mais c fucked up comme film. Le scènes de meurtres et d'Hallucinations sont les plus extrêmes que g vu à date.
August 28, 2009
The also funny Second Part of The Dentist who shows that you can't ran away from you Destiny it catch you where ever you go
August 23, 2009
well i guess it would suck for him to close his mouth, but i dont really care.
August 18, 2009
Dentists + drilling + blood = win.