The Departed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Departed Reviews

January 14, 2017
My generation's "Goodfellas." The Departed is tense, powerfully acted, and thought provoking while featuring one of the best ensemble casts of the last decade. While Scorsese deserved an Oscar years before, this one was no less deserving.
January 7, 2017
Really good, I'm surprised I had not seen it sooner.
January 6, 2017
4/5. A great cast and a really engaging story.
January 5, 2017
Even though The Departed has high ratings and is loved by many, I still think it is underrated. The departed could possibly be one of the greatest films I have seen, and is definitely in my top 25 of all time!
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 2, 2017
The Departed is a classic amongst its crime thriller genre!
December 30, 2016
I have not seen many Martin Scorsese films and now I want to see them all. This film won 4 Oscars including Best Picture and Best Director and deserved them both. Here's why. This movie shows the psychological struggle between two people having their lives changed either for good or for bad when not necessarily doing the right thing. Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg and Jack Nicholson give performances of a life time in a timeless movie that will go down as one of the best undercover cop movies/psychological thrillers. 5 stars
December 28, 2016
Personal favourite Scorsese movie. Wahlberg and Damon are brilliant here. What the actual fuck, every damn actor here is brilliant.
December 10, 2016
Great movie very great movie actors in this film.
December 9, 2016
Oh so dark. Well done, but dark.
December 1, 2016
one of scorcese's masterpieces
November 29, 2016
A star-studded cast equates to a five-star rating. This crime thriller has you on the edge of your seat with every revelation. The last few scenes are haunting, shocking, satisfying, and lead to an ending that makes this film a must-see and one of Scorses's best.
½ November 5, 2016
Mediocre film despite the all-star casting.
½ October 31, 2016
Amazing film. Love it!
½ October 17, 2016
Scorsese, like Tarantino, has spent his whole life making one-dimensional gratuitously violent unsympathetic meaningless rubbish like this. I was uncertain in the end whether or not to log this as a comedy! Just about everyone dies : just as they all deserve.
October 12, 2016
Martin Scorsese's best film since "Goodfellas."
September 23, 2016
This is a better version then the Chinese one. Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio is absolutely the beast of this film. Jack Nicholson should be in a comedy because he is good but he isn't as bad as Matt Damon. I hate dirty cops. This reminds me of Training Day when Denzel Washington plays the villain dirty cop. A must see film
½ September 22, 2016
A little slow at the beginning, but everything else makes this a very unique and fantastic experience. Top notch acting, and almost exceptional plot progression.
September 17, 2016
When it comes to a Martin Scorsese film, it is not a surprise for me to be highly expected for what he can do with his filmmaking skills. However, I was not ready for the superior acting delivered by Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and Mark Wahlberg.
½ September 9, 2016
The cast does an outstanding job and drives the movie with funny, often profane and very witty dialogues. Even though the ending felt a little rushed and somewhat unjustified, the movie was absorbing and super entertaining.