Derek and Clive Get the Horn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Derek and Clive Get the Horn Reviews

½ May 19, 2012
Either one of the finest examples of filth humour or the worst side of a genius comic duo. Sadly the break down of the duo is evident as their improv routines are thinly veiled personal attacks with little of the inventive gags the two are capable of. For me I prefer to remember their work in such gems as "Not only But Also" compared to this but many will find something in the sometimes inventive use of base language, just not me.
½ September 30, 2009
What do you get if you cross Peter Cook and Dudley Moore at the end of their partnership with a recording studio, gallons of booze, some illegal substances and a piano? Answer - This film. It is kind of car crash viewing but there are still flashes of genius that will have you roaring. Don't watch it with your mum though! This film contains more foul language and offensive topics than you can shake a blow up doll at.
March 26, 2009
those 88% not interested really don't know how to laugh, they probably think it's all adam sandler and jim carrey and american films about hapless or sex starved american teenagers,
the best way to describe this.... film if you can call it that is to invoke an image of someone, anyone, a friend, family member someone you've made up in your minds eye pissing themselves laughing at the behaviour of these 2, and if you've not seen it get laughing now or go and die of boredom..... phew that gave me the horn
November 19, 2008
It's a mess and that's what makes it great
½ October 21, 2008
Peter Cook and Dudley Moore are perhaps the most funniest comedians ever to live and this makes up for it, i love the Derek and Clive characters they made and i have all three cds and records (vinyls) as well as this dvd. But a good laugh from two very talented drunks.
September 29, 2008
Which other movie makes jokes out of pedophilia, domestic violence, and getting horny over a dead pope? Gross and awesome.
½ April 10, 2008
Ramshackle record of comic talents gone to seed. Worth watching in bits as a document of a fracturing partnership, but almost unwatchable from start to finish.
March 2, 2008
gives me the horn, especially the word 'and'............webbed footed barking bollock
January 23, 2008
The filming of the album 'Ad Nauseum' - not much in this which didn't make the final LP but an interesting relic from a classic comedy duo. Probably one of the most crude, filthy & vulgar pair you'll EVER hear, definatley not for kids, grandparents or playing when the vicar pops round for a cup of tea!!! Although if it's a toss-up (oo-er!) between watching this and hearing all three albums again I'd have to pick the latter and let my brain put more interesting pictures to the sounds!
January 22, 2008
MY FAV FILM OF ALL TIME. I LIKE DANCING, DANCING IN THE PARK IN THE NUDIE BUM, IN THE NUDIE BUM!
January 1, 2008
pure genius. pure and simple. pete cook was a genius
December 10, 2007
one of the most nasty but funny things I've seen ever - very punk and clever!!!
December 2, 2007
Probably best when slightly pissed.
A british classic comedy.
R.I.P. Peter Cook and Dudley Moore
½ October 25, 2007
Who holds the record for biggest cunt-kicker-inner in the world? Why is TV a terrible influence, and why does Peter Cook's "mother" want to punch his ticket? Find out the answers to these important questions and many more.
½ October 21, 2007
soooo un pc - so wicked - even for feminists
October 10, 2007
This film is saddening to watch, showing in all too forensic detail the break down of the relationship between Peter Cook & Dudley Moore. Neither one is likeable yet both are compelling and utterly watchable - the anger and mutual loathing makes the whole thing feel like they're picking at a scab. Pete hated Dud for being succesful but not very creative or imaginative, Dud hated Pete for wasting his talent and his bitterness. The film works for the relationship, not the humour (Derek & Clive are strictly an audio pleasure and watching the 'creative process' is like taking the back off a telly to see how it works then not being able to put it back together) but for fans of on the edge performers, it's a winner.
September 24, 2007
A couple of C**ts talk crap and it highlights Cook's brilliant but sick and twisted mind. Watching Dudley crack up juts makes you laugh your arse off!
September 1, 2007
I found this very amusing. Should I seek professional help?
August 22, 2007
The Horn. Genius. Don't fight it.
August 17, 2007