Desire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Desire Reviews

January 31, 2019
The best romance movie ever made!
August 9, 2017
Desire is an excellent film. It is about an automotive engineer bound for a holiday in Spain who meets a sultry jewel thief. Marlene Dietrich and Gary Cooper give incredible performances. The screenplay is well written. Frank Borzage did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama and romance. Desire is a must see.
August 22, 2015
#2 ngpairi oof cooper & dietrich the 1st was 'morocco' pre-code sizzler
½ January 21, 2011
"Don't underestimate America, it's a big country... "
January 19, 2009
I thought this was fun! Gary Cooper's character is funny and mesmerizing. *Sigh* :)
December 3, 2008
Funny romantic comedy about an engineer who falls in love with a jewel thief. Gary Cooper is sweet and Marlene Dietrich exquisitely beautiful.
½ August 24, 2008
It's pretty interesting the fact that it must the 3rd or 4th movie I see with Marlene Dietrich as protagonist in the last few monthes and in all three I can remember (Angel, Witness for the Prosecution and this one) her character is a liar. The nouvelle vagues' auteur theory says that the good directors career has to be seen globally. Is it possible to apply this to actors as well? Remembering Hitchcock's comment on actors being cattle it is hard to believe (not that actors aren't able to become great directors but perceiving them as tools in the director's or producer's grasp). It is maybe her European origin that made producers cast her as a liar.
July 9, 2008
Classic screwball comedy with Dietrich showing a great sense of humor.
April 25, 2008
Solid film, though it's much more Lubitsch than it is Borzage.
December 14, 2007
Great old school movie .. While seeing the movie I became nostalgic of a time I've never met ..
October 16, 2007
This is a great movie. the characters are very interesting,you have the likable but scheming lady jewel thief,Marlene Dietrich who comically pilfers an extremely rare and expensive pearl necklace from a renowned jewelry store in France,and then you have the handsome but not to clever American tourist Gary Cooper,together they make great romantic comedy. this is a great film to watch if you love old cars, because there is some beautiful models shown in this film.And the costumes are very classy Art Deco,and interesting. Gorgeous Marlene Dietrich ravishes the eye with her sheer physical presence, but her beauty should not detract from her acting ability, which is considerable.
½ June 4, 2007
Dietrich out of period costumes and in decidedly modern clothing.