The Desperadoes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Desperadoes Reviews

January 31, 2015
Solid little western about bank robber Glenn Ford trying to go straight, but his past catching up with him. Randolph Scott plays a town sheriff who Ford eventually help to clean up the town as an act of redemption. Claire Trevor plays the love interest.
January 10, 2014
Columbia's first Technicolor western is a beaut--The color is impressive , good story, good action!!
½ July 26, 2013
Very formula Western benefits a little from a good cast.
½ July 24, 2013
If it's got Scott and Ford ... it can't be bad.
February 14, 2012
Early technicolor Western. Fine cast but not especially noteworthy otherwise.
jjnxn
½ February 15, 2011
Run of the mill western with a good cast. Some of Claire Trevor's costumes are eyepoppingly over the top. That she can carry them off says a great deal about her class and magnetism. Scott on the other hand whether through his playing of it or the role itself practially evaporates from the screen. Some of the scenes of the open range are fine but then stuck right in the middle are obvious rear projection shots which take you right out of the picture.
½ August 29, 2008
Good 40's western with two stalwarts of the genre in Scott and Ford. Crooked double-dealing and gun-play in one of the very first technicolor movies.
June 30, 2008
It's another regular crooked tale of the west with top bill actors, and a nice piece of movie history being Columbia's first technicolor film.
½ June 28, 2008
Fairly perfect for a western. Of course, with Randolph Scott and Glenn Ford, it couldn't really be bad.
½ December 25, 2007
Totally cute, happy western. I love Glenn Ford's character.
June 12, 2007
I have watched it about 3 times in the last 2 days...it is pretty good as far as westerns go! I actually DO NOT like westerns!
April 11, 2007
I love the old westerns..
February 20, 2007
Glenn Ford.. Another good cowboy actor!!!