Destination Mars! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Destination Mars! Reviews

½ January 3, 2013
sincerely: something way before its time
you see movies today released like "The Artist" that recreate and re imagine film making and movies of then.. overall, brilliant. risky. nice work from an Independent
½ January 19, 2012
It was fun and lived up to the description - I watch these kind of movies to get a good laugh and I got one, so mission accomplished!
½ July 4, 2011
½ January 24, 2010
A gallant attempt to make a film in the style of a 50's B flick. The biggest problem with the movie is that the filmmakers shoot themselves in the foot with the first ten minutes...a fake documentary preceding the feature telling about how this film supposedly ruined the lives of everyone involved with it. It almost completely cancels out the spirit of fun the rest of the film tries to put forth.
whosinthenews
September 20, 2009
No wonder the government "seized this film", they were doing the public a favor. Horrible. Just horrible. It's almost like the creators of this had never actually seen 50's sci-fi. I haven't seen a movie this lifeless since The Castle of Fu Manchu. The "documentary" introduction seemed like it might have been leading to something interesting and then it just gets completely wasted. They could have easily inter-cut more "on the set" documentary portions that gave more examples of why this film was so doomed and tragic.