Destiny Turns on the Radio - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Destiny Turns on the Radio Reviews

January 16, 2015
Destiny turns off the dvd.
August 29, 2013
It tries to be a stylish crime comedy but falls flat on its feet despite having a king of this field of directing in the cast.
½ April 7, 2013
A lame attempt to make a Tarantino-type film. The only appeal here is seeing Tarantino himself on screen. I'd love to know the story behind why he did this.
½ August 9, 2012
remember seeing the trailer for this piece of unmenagated crap and although i've never seen this movie in its entiry, while watching the trailer, i said to myself "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP"?! can see why people who saw this shit fest say it sucks. don't bother and waste your time with this flick.
½ June 4, 2011
Jack Baran, the writer of Band of the Hand (a guilty pleasure from the 80s) directs this boring homage to Repo Man. Like Alex Cox's masterpiece, Destiny Turns on the Radio has a similar score, a nutty philosophical Tracey Walter and a glowing yellow electrical dimension portal pool taking the place of a time traveling Chevy Malibu. The riff on Repo Man is the only thing interesting about the film. I'm guessing this is what attracted Tarantino to the project. Otherwise, Destiny is a pointless waist of time. No hard feelings Baran, I still love Band of the Hand.
October 26, 2009
Watched this movie only because Tarantino was in it. His part is very small and unnecessary for the plot. The movie really doesn't have much plot actually. I just sort of sat there waiting for it to be over.
½ September 17, 2008
I know many people are critical of this movie, but I was in just the right state of mind when I saw it and it took me away to a place with alternate possibilities. Definitely not for everyone.
½ August 16, 2008
Ugh. Tarantino acting/thin plot.
½ June 27, 2008
A waste of time and talent.
½ May 14, 2008
This is the cheesiest movie that I love!
February 27, 2008
Best of Tarantino next to Four Rooms.
February 24, 2008
Just because you can direct doesn't mean you can act. No one proved this fact better then Quentin Tarantino in Destiny Turns on the Radio. The movie is so poorly written and directed that it really only proves that Tarantino is so in love with him self that he'll star in a rip-off of his own movies.
January 25, 2008
I love this movie so much, my VHS copy is beginning to wear out.
½ December 23, 2007
Just dumb and weird...
½ November 30, 2007
Destiny Turns On The Radio ... The Critics Turn On Tarantino.
November 10, 2007
I paid like four bucks for it off of amazon for a crappy VHS but I'm glad I did. Because Tarantino makes it so worth it.
September 20, 2007
I really enjoyed this film. Yes it is quirky. But that is it's charm. It's more along the lines of "Repo Man". It is a movie that doesn't have obvious plot after the first 5 minutes.
August 19, 2007
what a great show. and it has absolutely no meaning whatsoever.
July 27, 2007
Vegas themed film, redeemed primarily by the presence of James LeGros
July 26, 2007
This was one of the best QT movies - really weirdly enjoyable