Detainment Reviews

• Dec 16, 2019

This film should never have been commissioned. The self indulgence of the director and his arrogance is appalling, trying to promote discussion about one of the most horrendous crimes ever committed in the U.K. is a fallacy. If he can't ascertain why these children are evil that's his problem. It is not the philosophical drama he likes to think it is. Shocking.

• Oct 23, 2019

La nominada al Oscar, "Detainment" es un retrato magistral de la maldad descontrolada, esa que no tiene razón de ser. Este genial cortometraje sigue los detalles de la interrogación llevada a cabo a Robert Thompson y Jon Venables luego del asesinato del pequeño James Bulger. Con actuaciones increíbles, además de respetuosas, este trabajo nos lleva por los detalles de uno de los casos criminales más famosos de los últimos años. NO LA DEJE PASAR. Ya disponible en iTunes.

• Jul 17, 2019

yes I think it was good

yes I think it was good

• Mar 05, 2019

Historia de dois meninos que matam um terceiro... Polemica a respeito do diretor/roteirista nao ter consultado a mae do menino morto. Bem expositivo.

• Feb 21, 2019

A short film that will likely be remembered more for the outrage it caused than its actual content, Detainment features impressive performances from its young leads, and a sense of gritty authenticity, but sheds very little light on one of the most shocking cases of the 20th century. Little is done to establish their motive, and most of the important information we obtain is from onscreen text shown at the conclusion. I understand the controversy, but I think it actually serves to draw more attention to it, rather than drive people away. It works well for what it is, but an expansion on the subject and its participants would illuminate the case a lot more this simply half hour did.

• Feb 10, 2019

This is a horrible movie! I don't care how well it's done. I really did not want to know about how two ten year old boys maliciously murdered a toddler. I think it's disgusting that they used child actors for this horrific story. What possible good does it do any of us to learn just how this crime was committed?

• Feb 10, 2019

A very nice short to a collection of oscar nominees. Wouldn't be surprised if this won best live-action short, and I wouldn't be mad, either. It's an excellent adaption of a true story, and it never bored me throughout it's short running time.