Detention Of The Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Detention Of The Dead Reviews

September 3, 2014
It's a Michigan movie, didn't know I do. It's like they ripped off the anime. I'm not really going to be that sad, there is almost too many similarities. Even the title (not detention of the dead, but high school of the dead) identical. I'm guessing I wasn't supposed to have seen that though. It's got a lot of humor, you will see a lot of stuff coming from a mile away if you have ever seen a zombie movie, but it's got a lot of blood, so that is good right?
August 18, 2014
Usually a fan of crappy zombie movies but this one wasn't quite worth the time. Other than a few clever homages to Breakfast Club (the characters consisted of a Brain, Jock, Beauty Queen, Goth and a Loner) it didn't have much bite to it. The effects were above average, thus constituting the 2 stars. Everything else was bad: the writing, the acting, the music. The main reason I even watched was to see one of my faves in it, and he was the first to die!! ugh...
½ April 19, 2014
It's short and silly, but I've seen far worse zombie films that were supposed to be serious, let alone really bad comedic/parody ones. Plenty of spurting blood here to meet the gore quotient, and a few laughs interspersed as well. Extra half star for death by clarinet!
September 4, 2015
A typical zombie movie. Love It!
½ July 10, 2015
Horror/comedy zombie miss.
May 7, 2013
DOTD tries to be fun, but in the end it's just your typical high school stereotypes with the occasional zombie attack. Much of the time is spent held up in a single location, and many of the jokes end up back-firing. It does have a nice nerdy feel to the film, but otherwise it doesn't stand out or outdo any of the average zombie flicks.
June 26, 2013
Guilty pleasure at best.
July 28, 2014

"Wow, if this isn't a commentary on the current state on public education, I don't know what is."-Willow (Alexa Nikolas)

Just another zombie comedy. Could have been called Breakfest Of The Dead.

"Goth chicks kick ass."-Willow
June 9, 2014
Yes, yes it was cheesy and it wasnt as good as shaun of the dead but being a high school student I get most of the jokes that are put in there. It was also gory and violent. All in all it was a good movie.
April 2, 2014
Dawn of the Dead meets Breakfast Club, with references to The Evil Dead trilogy in a zom-com that 's no rival to Shaun of the Dead, but cute enough to watch once.
½ October 27, 2013
You call this a comedy?, just watch Shaun of the Dead much better Comedy then this. the acting is one of the worst that I ever seen and the visual effect's are really god awful. I did not laugh at all during this movie I just felt so empty inside.
August 31, 2013
It gets a star for the tech, but that's about it. It's not scary and the wannabe jokes are just cheesy
August 14, 2013
man... not worthed watching it
August 2, 2013
Worth the watch if you love zombies, like i do. Acting, kinda well. Sucked, Actually acting was okay. Not great, but okay.
½ June 14, 2013
fairly typical high school students must fight off horde of zombies flick.
January 29, 2013

Better than your average zom-com, not as funny as Shaun of the dead, or Warm Bodies, but it still is a decent watch if you're interested. Plenty of violence too!
July 12, 2013
Dumb as a post, but a lot of fun.
½ July 4, 2013
ok so DETENTION OF THE DEAD or the Zombies eat the Breakfast Club is a Cliché Zombie movie filled with Cliché characters...there are some moments of fun but mostly things land with a dead zombie thud...see it on your couch if ya like Zombies