Detour - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Detour Reviews

½ August 21, 2016
Interesting idea, but the seeming non-budget left out who this guy is and why we should care about him.
Could have been better with an emotional core of relationships revealed - we can't care about this poor guy bc even by the end we know little to nothing genuine about him.
They stuck too close to the claustrophobic immediacy, and gave nothing to relate to. So this particular shlub gets no significant back story, and therefore we don't care. We can't!
And from even the first few frames, you'll know if you'll like it or not..

2.5 out of 5
½ September 27, 2015
I did not see such a nonsense direction on such a wonderful plot for long time. Could not stay not sharing. It could have been so intense and very good movie! Top to bottom the movie did not match with it's story and scene. The guy seemed to be more busy recording himself than get out of it. With a very simply common sense someone will know he is in mud not in rock and that too on the road side, so if he is not dead when he woke up is it that hard to understand even after seeing the light just 3/4 feet above the sun roof? The guy was easily 5.5 tall, so why he could not just put the mats on his head, wrap his body with the some more clothes so if so it does not hurt easily and get some of the mud into dumped the car itself and just stand up pushing the mud standing on the seats? 5 mins thinking and someone can get out of it. And then at the end where did the whole hill at the right side went with all rocks when he finally came out. I mean dear Dickerson did you really play the video once before release? What a wastage of money, time and effort on this!!
July 13, 2014
This movie started out weak. The first scene does not grab the attention. And you can tell right away that this is going to be the back drop of the entire thing. It has no back story at all so you don't really get to know the character except by his frantic panicky actions. But it does get a little more interesting about half way through. Still I found it hard to relate to the character. And it doesn't really have an ending. I've seen worse. But I've seen way better.
½ April 2, 2014
Claustrophobic.....yes.Entertaining.....hell no.More of an experiment in acting than a movie,might have worked better as a play.
½ March 13, 2014
this movie will make you cheer on the guy and it makes you feel like you have claustrphobia the guy who plays alder does an amazing job this movie is like 127 hours and buried
October 28, 2013
How can you end a movie like that. I hate ending like that!
½ September 13, 2013
One location one person. Good concept and I really want his iPhone it lasted a week without charge mine hardly does 8 hours lol.
August 16, 2013
I found it to be slow and irritating at times. It is a thriller with 5 people in the cast mainly one figure for entire movie too bad I didn't like much anything about him.
½ June 19, 2013
this is the worst movie i have ever seen
May 21, 2013
Great performance by Neil Hopkins.
½ April 6, 2013
Unless you enjoy watching an hour and a half of a guy stuck in his car, I'd pass.
April 1, 2013
This movie grabbed my attention and wouldn't let go. It had me squirming in my seat and talking to the screen.
March 30, 2013
Kept me on the edge of my seat. My tomatometer is reading in the 90's. Loved it!
March 30, 2013
Got my ticket! Do you?
½ March 30, 2013
A surprisingly good and effective movie.