Detroit Metal City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

ko-i-bi-to
ko-i-bi-to
ko-i-bi-toooooooooo!!

½ January 20, 2014
yes. Ken'ichi Matsuyama never disappoints...
November 7, 2012
For those who saw the animation, this Live Action summarizes the events of the main episodes of the Anime, despite being slightly out of order and events. The acting and characterizations are perfect as the musics in the film - a quality production overall, but I think that might have more actors as extras. Watch it If you liked the anime, and for those who like Death Metal, Metal, etc.. this is a humorous satire to the world of Death Metal, by the point of view of the DMC band singer (Krauser), played by a shy boy who would like to sing pop songs, but that ends in this career alternative. 6,8 / 10,0
½ September 1, 2012
It's funny how Japanese films can get away with camp and overacting.
August 12, 2012
This was the greatest adaptation I have ever seen.
½ July 7, 2012
Funny and endearing movie with a good message.''No music,No dream!"
July 1, 2012
A hilarious movie.. Funny, crappy but still enjoyable.. Especially if u like those heavy metal...if not u may not like the movie... Most of the time its heavy metal concert and singing...
June 23, 2012
It's not actuallu that bad... It's only that, after the sublime Anime version, the vanilla edition seems abysmal. And where's the Capitalist Pig? Satsugai rocks as always, but Krausersama is more raping than that!
½ April 11, 2012
"Souichi encounters even greater success with an oddball gig that involves donning demon makeup and a black cape ..." Oddball is a gross understatement.
½ March 30, 2012
horrible japanese movie starring gene simmons, that pretty much says it all
½ December 11, 2011
The movie is unexpectedly interesting and somehow surprising. Kenichi Matsuyama's performance is also excellent and funny.
November 11, 2011
Funny comic type movie~~
never thought that Kenichi can be so funny!!!
October 2, 2011
I realize its agenda, but I was so bored by its formulaic execution. Ken'ichi Matsuyama's performance was still lovely although.
April 12, 2011
funnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy XDDD
March 23, 2011
Kenichi Matsuyama has quite the range. The Death Note trilogy, Norwegian Wood, this wacky flick.....much respect for him.

The film was enjoyable fluff. Follow your dreams, etc etc.
½ March 15, 2011
While it has some cheese every now and then, DMC's humor, quirks, and decent story make it an unforgettable ride from beginning to end.
March 11, 2011
Not Interested.Not Interested.Not Interested.Not Interested.Not Interested.Not Interested.Not Interested.
March 4, 2011
Keni-chan is always have weird character. In this movie, he act as metal rocker and pop singer. If you want to watch this, you have to prepare your mind set. This is for fun! :)
February 25, 2011
Really great film that manages to have a scene where the main character screams 'fuck' 500 times and not offend anyone. Oh yeah and he also says he's a 'rape machine'....am I so bad for laughing at that?

This film is like all bark and no bite, but that's somehow a good thing here. It had an innocence about the story that felt really wholesome, so much so that even when it was trying to be repulsive or shocking, it was almost the opposite.

I laughed a lot despite the language/culture difference (subtitles). I think the story spans culture. It doesn't matter. Also even thought the film is about metal music, it's not limited by that. I would actually watch this movie with my mom and I'd bet she laugh her ass off.
February 11, 2011
gene simons is great as Matsuya
very funny