Detroit Metal City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Detroit Metal City Reviews

January 26, 2011
Manga is way better.
January 23, 2011
THIS MOVIE RULES!! To be fair, my interest in it was first kindled by a cameo appearance by the one and only Gene Simmons... but by the end, it hardly matters! Matsuyama Kenichi totally and absolutely OWNS this film! Also, the manga and anime influence throughout is pretty clear, not least because of the exaggerated emotions of the lead character and because of the other characters commenting on the action. Lastly, the film can rightly be viewed as a parody of most of the music scenes in Japan, especially in regards to metal fans.
½ December 31, 2010
crazy and super funny in Japanese style, like it :D
November 2, 2010
extremely hilarious, was laughing non stop when watching this.
½ September 30, 2010
This films left me speechless... Pretty insane J.film.
September 14, 2010
Very boring, poorly put together. Only Matsuyuki Yasuko was rather well-done
½ September 7, 2010
Really whacky fun! One of the best anime to live-action adaptations I've seen to date!
½ July 30, 2010
I almost died laughing. Kenichi is my hero, I love him <3 He proves super versatile and nothing short of brilliant here.
July 19, 2010
hilarious movie in its own right
½ June 4, 2010
???????? L ?.....
May 19, 2010
one of the funniest movies ever....probably funniest!!!
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraape!!!!
May 12, 2010
I did not know what to expect coming from this Japanese film except that Gene Simmons played a role. The story is about a country boy who moves to the big city to live a trendy life and make it as a pop singer. Things do not go as planned, and unfortunately for him, he can only get a gig as a heavy metal singer. The interesting thing about this situation is that he is very good as a metal singer! The film is an absolute riot, full of hilarious sequences and some great humorous observations of Japanese materialism.
May 6, 2010
see the manga more better than the real live action
May 4, 2010
If you dig and understand Japanese humor and love death/black metal then check this out then score the soundtrack. Another excellent rock'n'roll film.
April 3, 2010
Genuinely funny in parts, ridiculous in few. DMC however qualifies as an easy watch.
March 19, 2010
LOVED AND LAUGHED SOOOOO MUCH!!
Fuckingham Palace was hilarious, but could've done with bitch pig as well XD
½ March 15, 2010
Absolutely bonkers! Somewhere between Spinal Tap, Flight of the Conchords with a dose of high grade Japanese oddity.
½ February 24, 2010
hahaha... hiburan kocak dan unik... nice cast Kenichi!
February 22, 2010
One of the funniest Japanese movie. Ngakak to the max. Akting Ken'ichi Matsuyama boleh juga, apalagi setelah nonton akting sebelumnya di 3 seri Death Note. Benar2 beda.