Deuces Wild - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deuces Wild Reviews

May 20, 2016
It's like a 12 year old boy dreamed up this film and wrote the script. Very tough neighborhood dreamed up nonsense with a love story in it. That for scene in the park is ridiculous. There are a few good performances, by Reedus mainly. Tough cliche Italian neighborhood flick, again something I would have written when I was like 12 years old.
September 21, 2015
Brilliant movie! It was sort of like a Bronx Tale mixed in between.
½ June 26, 2015
The Kuffs of 2002.....too self aware with one really $hitty script.
April 29, 2015
1950's in Brooklyn meets Green Street Hooligans. Corny and cliche all over, but it was a fun late night watch for the heck of it.
April 15, 2015
Not horrible, but not good either? Deuces acts like a wanna be gangster who never earned his stripes.
½ December 29, 2013
It's not that bad , geez.
August 16, 2013
1972's The Godfather Is My Fourth Favorite Film Of All Time.
July 6, 2013
Poorly put together, nap time movie. Ness says this was a mess?
½ May 25, 2013
I usually like movies set in the 1950's. not this one. You know it's gonna be bad when the movie starts out copying "a Bronx tale". Believe me, this moving is not even close to being good.
April 17, 2013
I was this movie yesterday. About half way threw I said to my self this was bad, but I had hopes that it would have to get better. It didn't. The late 1950's setting, some vintage cars, and watching Debby Harry dance to XMas music was all this lousy film had to offer. Wasted roles for Vincent Pastore and Johnny Knoxville, too many worthless fight scenes, and a horribly underdeveloped & misused plot made this film a major disappointment in my book. With the loaded cast, this film should have been much better.
January 22, 2013
West Side Story without singing. Makes me want to beat people up. I wish there were was more to it than dropping bricks on cars though...
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
½ November 6, 2012
Posing boy band gangster movie. Belongs in the discussion as the worst movie of all time. You'd think it was made by a bunch of teenage girls.
July 28, 2012
A poorly executed idea that relies on cliches and wastes some of its talented cast members on bad dialogue and poor storytelling.
½ May 1, 2012
The film itself could've been a lot better. One thing I did like was the composing of Stewart Copeland. The music was the same old mafia type of sound, it had more modern stuff to give the mood of the movie a kick. If you want to see a mafia movie, this isn't a bad choice. If you want to see a good mafia movie, probably not.
April 24, 2012
Directed by Scott Kalvert (The Basketball Dairies (1995), this is a gritty drama that tries to be a throwback to the old gang films of many years ago, but it does feel a bit lop-sided in places, it comes across as a non-musical version of West Side Story. It does have a big massive and impressive cast, but you can see why not a lot of people have seen this film. Set in the summer of 1958 in Brooklyn, it focuses on two brothers, Leon (Stephen Dorff) and Bobby (Brad Renfro), who are part of a street gang called the Deuces, and they've been having fights with the Vipers, led by Marco (Norman Reedus), who sells drugs and it was his drugs that led to the death of Leon and Bobby's brother Allie. Marco has just come out of prison, and a gang war is looking possible which will tear the neighbourhood apart. But, things get complicated when Bobby falls for Annie (Fairuza Balk), the younger sister of Jimmy "Pockets" (Balthazar Getty), who is Marco's number two man. But, when Marco attacks and rapes Leon's girlfriend Betsy (Drea de Matteo), a full on family feud regarding loyalty and priorities blows up, with the Deuces self-destructing from within. It's a tough film with a hard attitude, but the characters come across as melodramatic, and it ticks every street gang film cliche in the book. It's not as bad as what the critics at the time said, but it could have been better, despite a good cast including Matt Dillon, Frankie Muniz, James Franco, Deborah Harry and Johnny Knoxville.
½ March 29, 2012
This movie is just crap beyond crap! Deuces Wild is a movie that likes to pretend that it's a bad ass Crime movie, but really it's just a poorly acted piece of shit. I don't think a single thing in this movie was original and I don't think any actors in this played a good role. If you think this movie is just as good as The Outsiders or Rumble Fish your wrong, if you think the movie is just as good as Training Day or Narc your even more wrong this movie is just a rip-off of all those films. Deuces Wild is a piece of crap movie that I will never recommend anyone to see, if you want to watch a good Crime movie watch The Outsiders, Rumble Fish, Training Day or Narc because those are good movies, this is not a good movie so please avoid it at all costs.
February 25, 2012
what to say about this movie ,,,,,, I love Fairuza Balk as Annie , its a great gang movie .
June 1, 2011
I'm a bit of a sucker for gangster/street-gang oriented films, so pardon me if you detect bias in my judgment. Although I have a passion for them, I did my best not to allow the theme of the movie to interfere with my honest judgment. I thought that the acting was a strong point of this film, with a few exceptions (*cough, cough, Norman Reedus). The script was put together fairly well, it was interesting enough to not seem like an everyday story while still remaining believable. The plot had it's cliches here and there but overall it was entertaining with a good balance of dramatic styles. The little love arc going on sort of reminded me of the Outsiders, but the set design reminded me of A Bronx Tale. Resemblances aside, Deuces Wild utilized a strong cast under Scott Kalvert's sharp directing ability to create a pretty good picture.
May 15, 2011
These street gang movies are pretty much all the same with some exceptions. This one doesn't get your attention, nothing deep here, although they tried. But, get this - Stephen Dorff, Norman Reedus, James Franco, Brad Renfro and Matt Dillon. Daaaaaamn!