Deviation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deviation Reviews

February 15, 2014
Amber is a young nurse, intent on getting home to her family after a long shift. Frankie is a dangerous psychopath on the run who will do anything to get out of the country and evade the authorities. When Frankie takes Amber hostage to aid his escape. this movie was boring and really overrated.
January 2, 2013
Awesome film! Danny Dyer is brilliant as ever!
½ December 10, 2012
Good British psychology thriller...Danny dyer does a great job of playing frankie a complete psycho who kills everyone who gets in his way whilst on the run after escaping the nuthouse...Danny dyers best film in years....highly recommend
August 10, 2012
This is really baaaaad British movie and I hate it! Movie was so boring, no suspense or thrill and pointless. I like Danny Dyer, he tried to do great performance and he failed. His act was different, but too much. Frankie killed people without reason and I didn't like it. Anna Walton (Hellboy II) was OK but she looked boring too. I saw UK Blu-ray and DVD/Blu-ray never available in US. I think it can't show this in US, because it was really awful!!! I wasted my money and 90 minutes...
½ June 27, 2012
Up there with the worst films I've ever seen! Dialogue is definitely some of worst I've ever heard. Stay away from this one. Rather watch Jeremy Kyle!
½ April 20, 2012
A bit B, but not bad.
½ April 14, 2012
March 18, 2012
It really shoudn't be but this actually a decent film. Most likely Dyer's best to performance to date. That's not saying much but even so his portrayal as Frankie an escaped psychopathic murderer is not half bad.
Taking Amber(Walton) as a hostage he is looking to escape abroad before recapture.
The film really benefits from some early morning drives through London from dusk til dawn so to speak. Walton plays her role well and essentially it becomes a road movie & a journey.
The dialogue is predictable but efficient and barring a barmy incident with a police officer it's quite a creditable tale. Dyer switches between nice guy/bad guy surpisingly well.
On the whole quite strangely entertaining.
½ March 14, 2012
one of dannys best flick really liked it he played his role so well it was a very clever end aswell 6/10
if i see it for cheap i will pick it
March 14, 2012
I really enjoyed watching Deviation. The story, the acting, and the mood fit perfectly. Such a treat watching Danny Dyer play a different role. His performance as Franky reminds me of Brad Pitt's character in in Kalifornia: one minute charming & childlike but can turn violently angry the next. I had only seen Anna Watson in Hellboy 2 and as Amber, she was good in this movie as well.

The story is well written and utterly believable. This is not an action movie but a slow burning thriller. We are rooting for Amber throughout the whole film and during each scene we can imagine ourselves acting & reacting exactly the way she does. Just like the movies Red Eye, Cellular, and Phone Booth, the focus is on 2 characters in a nightmare situation and the hero/heroine is a regular person, so the audience is watching how someone realistically copes to save him/herself.
March 13, 2012
"Danny Dyer plays an escaped serial killer who kidnaps Britain's poshest nurse."

IN Buried, Ryan Reynolds spends the whole film underground in a coffin ‚" child‚(TM)s play compared to what Anna Walton is put through here. She spends an entire night locked in a car with Danny Dyer - while he acts at her." thats the daily mirror quote and its spot on.

danny dyer trys bless him but he just doesnt have the acting chops to pull off this role,at points he so bad your just laughing. for some reason though i wanted to stop watching but didnt im not sure why because some stuff in this film really annoyed me.the woman could have escaped on countless occasions and something's id like to think just would never happen. That being said the story was ok and i think a good film could be made out of the premise
½ March 11, 2012
Absolute crap film, not even worth half a star really but I have to rate it lol, crap story line!!!!
March 9, 2012
Danny dyer rolls out another brit flick, here coming off intense but unintentionally funny, a twoi haner with anna watson, at times it shifts into gear then looses it just as quickly, dont expect dyer to progress from this.
½ March 7, 2012
A new type of DYER, this film is worth a watch but don't expect to much?
½ March 7, 2012
Danny Dyer tries his best, but falls a long way short of making Deviation a success. His overwrought performance detracts from the early atmospheric setup as Dyer's schizofrenic killer carjacks Anna Walton's vulnerable heroine, and holds her hostage for an impromptu killing spree across London's shadiest backstreets. The story descends from mildly thrilling to completely risible as opportunities for escape come and go quicker than Dyer's character switches between his multiple personalities. It's just about watchable in a carcrash kind of way, but prepare for much eye-rolling and even a few unintentional laughs.
March 5, 2012
danny dyer is too cuddly and anna walton too accommodating,some good bits though.
½ March 4, 2012
Enjoyed this, initially watched this as it's a Danny Dyer film & usually they are laughable (anything since The Business) but this was actually good, Danny really does excel in this role.
February 28, 2012
Slow, boring and crap. Should have known better seeing as all Danny Dyer films are crap. Can't act for toffee.