Il Diavolo a sette facce (The Devil Has Seven Faces) Reviews

• May 18, 2018

I saw this ridiculous thriller in a 50-pack of drive in films under the title, The Devil With Seven Faces...and it's one of the best unintentional comedies I've ever seen. This film is so hammy, you could make an Airplane!-style parody out of it (Much like how Airplane! was a comedic remake of Zero Hour, while lampooning other airport disaster films). Hell, you wouldn't even have to alter that much in terms of writing because this film had me laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes. The film is set in The Netherlands and follows a woman who is being pursued by mysterious men because her twin sister stole a valuable diamond and they think she did it. It also involves a ridiculous love triangle that also involves a lawyer and a race car driver. My favorite part involves the main character coming home with the race car driver where she sees that people are inside her house. She asks if they should call the police, to which he responds, "It's too late to call the police." Then, they storm into the house and unsurprisingly get attacked by the intruders. Two policemen see the car outside with its headlights on, go to check to see who the owner is to tell them about the lights, a shootout ensues, one officer is killed, and the intruders flee. Then, instead of running into the arms of the surviving policeman, the race car driver sucker punches him and runs off. This scene had me howling with laughter from beginning to end and the film is filled with moments like this. It's pure comedy gold from beginning to end and I had a blast watching it. If you enjoy B-movies and you come across this, you can't miss it.

• Jun 15, 2014

Mediocre but enjoyable giallo from the early 70's has one of the most unintentional hysterical car chases. Ever.

• Jun 14, 2014

Entertaining enough giallo from the '70's. Kept me amused. One of the most unintentionally hysterical car chases I have ever seen.

• Jun 07, 2013

Awful Italian crime thriller from the 70's

Awful Italian crime thriller from the 70's

• Aug 31, 2009

This bargain basement Italian crime thriller came as part of a 50 Drive-in Movie pack. It was entertaining enough, in a fun schlocky way. The best part is playing "where the hell have I seen that obscure actor before?" Stephen Boyd from Fantastic Voyage (1966) is in there, as is Carrol Baker from Baba Yaga (1973) and there's that Peter Lorre lookalike Luciano Pigozzi who I've seen in a ton of Italian horror movies.

• Mar 26, 2008

It really isn't that long of a movie but it is so boring that it seems like the hour is actually longer than it is. It has been a long time since I saw it so I can't go into the details of the script but I do remember the acting being quite poor and the plot was almost non-exsistant.

• Mar 26, 2008