Devil's Playground - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Devil's Playground Reviews

½ August 27, 2015
Yet another low-budget zombie movie, but at least this one has some substance to it.
April 28, 2015
(38%)
Yet another modern zombie flick that has nothing new to add at all, there's almost no reason at all why anyone needs to see this; yet somehow I oddly kind of enjoyed this cheap, simple, decently packaged fast zombie slice of throwaway B-movie fluff. This attempts to follow on the footsteps of the much better 21 days later with the zombies infected with some sort of chemical, only here the scientists featured are wholly incompetent with their 100% fail rate resulting in the zombie outbreak. Low end British star Danny Dyer plays (shock horror) a tough London crook, though he isn't really the main focus here which is on quite a wide assortment of little known faces. There's plenty of what most people want from a film of this type (blood, zombies getting smashed up) which is enough for a half recommendation, though there's nothing else here of any value whatsoever.
January 24, 2015
Personally it was all unrealistic and well ....dull!!, It was alright but wouldn't watch again!
½ October 5, 2014
A rather average take on the idea of the zombie apocalypse, something I rented because I kind of don't hate Danny Dyer as much as the rest of the world seems to, and I doubt I;d return to it again.

Rental? Maybe?
½ January 7, 2014
Very cheap and poor clone of 28 days which is nowhere near in the same league
½ December 9, 2013
pretty rubbish,I'm guessing this film was made in some kinda weird tribute to walking dead series but set in London unfortunately it sucks.. it's that simple lol
July 29, 2013
I liked this British addition to the zombie genre, especially since the ending had hope for the future, which is unusual for such films, and there was more than usual in the way of character development, too.
June 29, 2013
This certainly wasn't the worse Zombie film I have seen. It was interesting but it felt like there needed to be more to the story. The acting was good and there was plenty of gore. The zombies in this are a bit stealthy so there is plenty of built up tension. Worth a see but only if you are a zombie fan. This is just meh..
½ June 25, 2013
TERRIBLE!!! The concept has been done and done and done. This would be a good film if it had some sort of originality but since it's trying to be Resident Evil meets Walking Dead in London...it's just lame. :(
December 5, 2012
If u are looking for a bloody senseless zombie action flick, which I was, this is the movie for u. If u are looking for "Slumdog Millionaire", not for u.
November 23, 2012
Cool zombie flick. When a new performance enhancing drug is tested on thousands of people and it has a bad reaction on nearly every tester, Britain(and probably the world) is at risk from zombie bastards! There was one tester who had no reaction, Angela, and she clearly needs to be saved and looked after. Enter an ex-miltary/security/hitman dude, along with a few hangers on, and there battling to get away from the zombies. Thanks to the decent cast and more athletic than usual zombies, Devil's Playground actually feels more realistic than alot of the throw away zombie flicks that have been coming out constantly for the past 10 years. Its a simple idea, maybe not the most original, done well.
October 22, 2012
I actually liked it. It was like watching 28 Days Later if all of the zombies knew parkour.
October 6, 2012
There's alot of actions but not the cameras moving too quick to see in full details what happened. That's not a masterchief of horror-zombie..
September 19, 2012
These Zombies know Parcore!!
½ September 16, 2012
One of the better zombie movies.
September 8, 2012
Definitely not the most original idea for a zombie/infected movie. But was shocked at the high caliber of fast paced action and thrills that engulfed this film. For a low budget film, I tip my hat to them. Not bad, not bad at all!
September 7, 2012
Craig Fairbrass and Danny Dyer are exellent in this gripping Zombie thriller, very enjoyable, and not a dull moment, exellent
½ August 17, 2012
comedic factor here superb. lots to laugh at scare Dar none zombie run so think 28 days later but enjoyable to watch.
August 16, 2012
A British zombie movie very much in the tradition of "28 Days Later" and "28 Weeks Later", "Devil's Playground" is unabashedly derivative of those films. But if you enjoyed them (and I did) you'll find it more than satisfactory.
August 13, 2012