Devil's Whisper Reviews

• Mar 16, 2019

I was confused at first, then the pace picked up and by the end i was enjoying every minute and generally enjoyed the whole movie!

• Dec 31, 2017

Interesting story but the acting was bad. And its not as scary as it tries to be.

• Dec 28, 2017

I'm torn on the movie Devil's Whisper. One side of me finds the film stylish, well acted and some of its ideas daring. The other side of me, however, cannot abide yet another movie where a demon of dubious abilities opens doors, manipulates electricity, or other such nonsense via mind control or some sort of demonic form ESP. When will filmmakers tire of these moronic tropes? When will a movie that has some good ideas about how to couch evil in a horror form to discuss big issues? Devil's Whisper approaches big ideas but can't resist demonic silliness. https://horror.media/movie-review-devil-s-whisper?_ga=2.63351279.1126457623.1513947710-953607229.1513947710

• Dec 07, 2017

DO NOT BELIEVE THE STAR RATING OR THE STUPID LIERS THAT SAID THIS IS A GOOD MOVIE. The acting was horrible, special effects were wack, and the story was average at best. I f'n hate bs reviews and I would love force them to watch this movie over and over again until they gouge thier own eyes out with thier lying little fingers. That would be a better film than this turdstain of a movie.

• Oct 20, 2017

Watch out! This movie is extremely scary for your wallet. The plot has no depth, so it makes me wonder whether the script of this movie was written by amateurs or just hastily put together at the end of the day. It starts out decent, but question marks soon follow and reach climax at the end. When does the boy becomes possessed? What does the devil want with the boy? Does the devil come to haunt the boy because he was molested? When is the boy under the influence of the devil and when is not? It seems like there are more questions than scary moments in the movie. Watching this movie is like watching a mouse hole in your house: it's plain, boring, and not scary. The movie is really trying to create jumpy moments; yet the absence of any psychological effect just made me stare at the screen. Instead of making the audience questioning who's the devil, the movie reveals it in the beginning. Even with the movie's decent special effects, it really feels like I was watching a B-horror movie. Seriously, I have no idea how it can get good reviews. I think that's what scares me the most.

• Oct 20, 2017

The short: this movie was exceptionally amateur. The long of it is that this movie had almost nothing going well for it. From the acting to the plot to the writing to the scenery - it all makes you really wonder who had written such glowing reviews of this movie. Someone must have some connections to get this movie into movie theaters; it's breathtaking just how disjointed almost every aspect of this movie is. The movie starts out with a plot about a kid who wants to be a priest, finds a relic that had belonged to his grandfather, and somehow releases a demon. Never does the story ever go into how the demon got there, what it wants, how it is related to the grandfather, how it is related to the relic - basic plot stuff is seemingly unimportant. It is just relic + kid = demon. It gets worse from there as inconsistencies build. Yes! They actually BUILD UP! One minute, the protagonist recognizes he has a demon, the next minute the demon is a fleeting idea in the background while the protagonist hangs out with his love interest. Does the demon make him possessive of her or does it make him want to hurt her? A little of both, actually - misogyny is maybe the most consistent aspect to the movie. It is as if the movie was written by someone who doesn't understand that there can be an order of events, and that one event can lead to another, and that something happened as a result of something else. I almost imagine that when writing the script, they just wrote a new scene every day, and kinda shuffled up the papers. The result is the horrors of bad writing, and how important editors are. It's scary that this movie was made, really! Maybe that's the only scary thing about it. Crazy things that they tried to pass off as scenes: While a priest is praying, he hears voices, sees a baby in a military jacket (?) that turns into a skeleton and then shatters, which somehow makes the priest collapse and have a stroke. Turns out not to be one of those like serious strokes, and the priest just gets on with life. The main character attempts to commit suicide in order to stop himself from killing his sister, gets rescued by his father who, we learn in the scene, is conveniently a paramedic! Gets on with life. Suicide is a pretty serious idea to introduce so lightly without any clarification or real intention. It's not dark, it's just dim. One minute, the main character is becoming possessed, beats up his friend, steals a car, goes to jail, and lashes out at his parents, and nearly rapes a girl! The next minute he is having his sweet 16th birthday, couldn't be happier! Well, except that part about being all demonically possessed, but it's cool. The girl said she understood that like, everyone gets a little crazy. Somehow the demon goes around and kills all three of Alex's best guy friends. Alex has a special ability to watch it maybe in his mind? Through the demon? Why does that happen? Who cares! Next thing you know, Alex is at their funeral standing over a casket of one of the dead friends and, moving on! That's done, no more of that, end scene! Like, they killed a bunch of characters, but couldn't be bothered to even complete whole scene! The actor who plays Alex, the main character, should just stick to modeling. How do you know he's possessed? He's staring right at the camera! How do you know he isn't possessed? He's looking down sheepishly. He should get an award for the lowest range of expression caught on film. He was not even able to convincingly drink from a bottle. A bottle. As it turns out, the special effects on the demon itself wasn't horrible, but all it seems to be able to do is awkwardly rub itself in a weird way, get kinda smokey, and maybe snarl a bit. It didn't seem interested in actually hurting anyone, so, not much of a demon, really. This movie is not worth seeing, not even to laugh at.

• Oct 14, 2017

What an amazing horror movie! I'm very impressed with this one, and would recommend it highly to any horror fan!

• Aug 17, 2017

This is a wonderful film which boosts aspects of both horror and drama. The story of a young man finding out how the past and it's secrets can affect his future. This young man Alex, finds a box which ,much like a Pandora's box, it unleashes a demon that threatens his family. The cast in this film was absolutely amazing. Each character was portrayed beautifully. The standouts in this film were Luca Oriel as Alex, Alison Fernandez as Alicia and Rick Ravanello as Father Cutler. The interactions of all these characters is amazing and how they all deal with a Demonic possession is incredible. The entire Duran family is affected by the actions of Alex's opening of the box. This demon changes everything for the Duran family not only with its possession of Alex but also by bringing up his past abuse. Father Cutler and his past are also under attack by the demon and this diminishes his ability to help Alex deal with his possession. All I all this is an amazing movie that deals with topics of demonic possession, hidden family secrets and child abuse. It's a wonderfully done movie Adam Ripp directed pleas don't miss it

• Aug 04, 2017

Great original story that was well directed.The acting was great as well with heartfelt scenes that took you on an emotional roller coaster with thrills and moments of excitement. Can't forget about the beautiful cinematography as well!

• Aug 03, 2017

I had the privilege of seeing Devil's Whisper at a film festival and it was incredible. I could not find fault with any of it. I cannot recommend this film enough. The cast was incredible, Luca Oriel was amazing. I look forward to seeing more from this talented young man. Kudos to Rick Ravanello as Father Cutler, he made what could have been stereotypical role into an integral part. The entire cast was spectacular and Adam Ripp, the director / cowriter kept everything advancing towards the climactic ending.